Hi, this is Nick, and in this article, I will show you how to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield. The steps I have provided will also work on the other Android TV boxes that use Android TV OS, such as Mi Box.
Kodi is one of the most popular and easiest ways to stream movies, TV shows, News, Sports, live TV, and more. While so many apps come and go, Kodi has stood the test of time and still is one of the best ways to stream content online.
Kodi supports hundred of add-ons and new add-ons keep coming out every day. It allows you to install various Kodi add-ons and builds that give you access to unlimited entertainment for hours.
Luckily, the Kodi app is compatible with Nvidia Shield; therefore you can enjoy all the benefits of Kodi on your device. Let’s get to the installation steps now.
Your IP address 18.104.22.168 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
How to install Nvidia Shield Kodi app (official method)
Kodi is now available on Google Play Store, so it is easier than ever to install Kodi for Nvidia Shield. We do not need to side-load Kodi from any other third-party sources.
Installing Kodi via Google Play Store is the easiest method to get the app on Nvidia Shield. Follow the steps below to install Kodi:
1. Turn on Nvidia Shield and stay on the Home Screen
2. From there, click on Apps (9 squares)
3. Next, click on Get More Apps
4. Access the Search icon from there
5. Type in the word Kodi using the on-screen keypad or use the Voice search option and then you will be presented with the search results.
6. Click on the Kodi app
7. Click Install. It will automatically download and install Kodi
8. Wait until the process is finished. It will only take a few seconds.
9. Once the installation process is completed, click on OPEN to launch the app
Alternate Method to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield
If you have already installed Kodi with the first method, you may skip this section.
It is unlikely, however, in case you can’t find the official Kodi app in the Play Store, you can still sideload it on your Nvidia Shield device.
You are going to need the Downloader app. I have provided the steps to install the Downloader app as well.
1. Click Apps on the Nvidia Shield home screen (on the left)
2. Click Get More Apps on the prompt that appears on the right
3. You now want to click the magnifying glass or the search option in the top-right part of this window
4. Type Downloader here and look it up
5. Install the Downloader app
6. Click Settings on the top-right section of the Nvidia Shield home screen
7. Click Security & restrictions
8. Click Unknown Sources
9. Select Downloader and turn Unknown Sources on
10. Click Apps on the home screen again and open the Downloader app
Dismiss any prompts that appear and click the URL section
11. Type in https://toptvtricks.com/kodi18 and click GO
12. Wait for the Kodi download to finish
13. Click Install
14. Click Open to open Kodi
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Download the ExpressVPN app on your device
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to use Kodi on Nvidia Shield
Now that you have installed Kodi on Nvidia Shield, let’s start using it.
To open Kodi or any installed app, click Apps on the Nvidia Shield home screen
Click Kodi on this popup that displays the list of apps you have installed
Choose Continue if you see this popup
Click Allow (appears only the first time)
Wait for Kodi to start
This is the main screen of the Kodi app
What you need now to get started is:
- Kodi Addons
- Kodi Builds
To stream anything on via Nvidia Shield Kodi app, you need addons. Kodi does not offer any content of its own. Everything you want to watch has to be sourced through the addons.
With Kodi addons, you can watch video-on-demand movies, TV shows, sports, documentaries, Live TV, and more.
You can install an addon on Kodi and start watching your favorite content.
Here are the links to some of the most popular Kodi addons:
The Kodi builds change the way you experience Kodi on any device. The builds make Kodi more interactive and probably more fun too.
You do not necessarily need a Kodi build to stream. You just need addons. However, streaming becomes a lot easier and convenient with a Kodi build. Furthermore, Kodi builds already include many popular addons. Hence, there is no need to install them separately.
Let’s look at the two images below (without a build and with a Kodi build)
Kodi with a build is clearly more attractive and more functional.
Here are the two most popular builds you would want to install:
I recommend trying a Kodi build. They are free. If you don’t like the build for any reason, you can always uninstall and reinstall Kodi and return to defaults.
Bonus: Kodi Repositories
To install any addon and most Kodi builds, you first need to install a related repository. Most repositories contain multiple Kodi addons. They also contain Build Wizards that let you install various Kodi builds.
Therefore, I recommend you to explore the following two repositories. You can install all sorts of addons and builds from them:
Useful Resources for Maintenance of Kodi on Nvidia Shield
Kodi is a great app but not completely flawless. you may run into issues from time to time.
Here are the two guides that should help you:
Nvidia Shield Kodi FAQs
Follow the method in this guide to get Kodi on Nvidia Shield within a few minutes.
Yes, Kodi is completely legal. In fact, it is available via the official channel. However, stream content available in the public domain only to avoid any legal issues.
Yes, Kodi is completely safe. However, make sure you install Kodi Builds and Addons only from the trusted sources.
With the Kodi app, you can watch Movies, Shows, Live TV, and just about anything you like.
Nvidia Shield Kodi app is a great way to access inexhaustible entertainment online. Once you get Kodi on your device, you can install addons of your choice and start streaming your favorite movies, TV shows, and more. Furthermore, there are add-ons for all kinds of content that you may be interested in. So, go ahead and install Kodi following the aforementioned steps and enjoy streaming!