Hi, this is Nick. In this post, we will talk about the best VPN for FireStick. The VPNs highlighted in this article work on Fire Stick 4K, Fire Stick Second Generation, Fire TV Cube, as well as all other popular devices including Android & iOS Mobiles, Windows, Mac, Android TV, Linux, and more.
If you are here, I believe it is safe to assume you are shopping for a VPN for your Amazon FireStick. I have been using VPNs on my FireSticks and all other devices for years.
Whether I am streaming with FireStick apps, watching Live TV, or using Kodi, I always use a VPN.
I have tried a number of VPN providers over these years and especially for this post, I tested dozens of VPNs in the market.
While there are almost endless choices, the truth is that you are likely to stick with just one VPN for FireStick and all the electronic devices you use.
Picking the best FireStick VPN might get a little tricky at best and extremely confusing at worst.
To make things easier for you, I have handpicked the top 3 VPNs for FireStick.
After testing tons of VPNs, I made the choice primarily based on the following factors – pricing, security, privacy, device compatibility, and of course speed.
Which are the best VPNs for FireStick?
Before we get into any further details, let me give you a quick summary of the 3 FireStick VPNs:
|– The best all-round VPN |
– High speeds
– High level of security
|– Cheapest VPN|
– Very fast and highly secure
|– Cost-effective VPN|
– Great security
– Decent speed
|Get ExpressVPN||Get SurfShark||Get NordVPN|
Why do you need a FireStick VPN?
There are several reasons why you need a VPN for FireStick. Let’s take a quick look at them:
Safety, Security, & Privacy: This is the most important reason why you should get yourself a FireStick VPN. Even if the other reasons are not relevant to you, safety, security, and privacy will always be.
Everything you stream on FireStick can be monitored by your ISP, Government, and hackers. Your streaming activities can be used against you, especially if you are using third-party apps and services.
There have been several instances of users getting legal notices from the authorities.
But, you can use a trusted VPN to encrypt all your online activities, mask your IP address, and ensure your safety and privacy.
Internet Throttling: If your ISP detects excess streaming activities, it may cut down the internet speed. This may result in buffering issues and poor streaming performance.
This is a common practice among ISPs, especially in the US.
Thankfully, you can prevent this easily with a VPN. Since a VPN encrypts your internet traffic, your ISP could only see that you are using a certain amount of data. They cannot find out what that data is being used for (streaming or other online activities).
Hence, they cannot throttle your internet speed.
Unblock Geo-restricted Content: If you want to unlock content from restricted regions, a VPN is the only way to do it.
With a VPN, you can unlock content on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and several other streaming services.
How to choose the best FireStick VPN?
If you have started shopping around for a VPN, here are some extremely important aspects to keep in mind:
Security & Privacy
The biggest reason why you should get a VPN is to be able to maintain security and privacy while streaming on FireStick.
But, the question is – what exactly makes a VPN secure, safe, and private?
These are the factors you should consider (non-negotiable):
Encryption: What kind of encryption technology does VPN use? The VPN must at least offer AES-256 encryption. This is the most secure encryption algorithm, used also by the US Military.
NO IP Leak: The VPN is no good if it keeps leaking away your IP address to the ISP or Government. Your IP address is you. If they have your IP address, they can trace all your online and streaming activities back to you.
Look for a VPN that has a history of no IP leaks.
Additional Security Features: Kill-Switch, Split Tunnelling, are some other security features you would like to consider.
VPN Connection speed is another important factor to keep in mind while buying a VPN.
The VPNs reroute your internet through the extra layer of security. Therefore, there is going be to a drop in speed.
The question is – by how much is the speed getting dropped or how much speed does the VPN retain?
Look for the VPNs that lose only a small portion of the speed offered by your ISP.
Any VPN that retains 60-70% of the original ISP speed is good enough (provided you have a fast connection; at least 50 Mbps recommended).
Some top FireStick VPNs, like ExpressVPN, and Surfshark are known to go as high as 90% of the ISP speed on many of their servers.
Other Important Privacy Aspects
While encryption and security protocols help maintain your privacy when you are online, all could easily go to waste if the Government or authorities decide to use the backchannel to obtain your personal information and streaming data.
Therefore, you must consider the following points too before buying a VPN:
- Jurisdiction and Surveillance
- Zero log policy
Jurisdiction and Surveillance
Always buy a VPN which is based away from the jurisdiction of the major surveillance bodies.
5-Eyes, 9-Eyes, and 14-Eyes are the biggest surveillance organizations in the world that are probably watching and documenting all your online activities.
When these surveillance bodies have no authority over the VPN company, they cannot compel the VPN provider to hand over your personal information.
For instance, ExpressVPN is headquartered in British Virgin Islands, out of the jurisdiction of all the surveillance authorities. On the other hand, the parent company of IPVanish is in the USA, where all top surveillance bodies have jurisdiction.
Zero logs Policy
If they have no data, they have nothing to share with the authorities. It’s this simple!
Buy a VPN that maintains a strict, uncompromising, zero-log policy.
The VPN company should not keep the record of the servers you have connected to, the videos you have streamed, the websites you have visited, or any other online activities you have engaged in.
Servers and Server Locations
The greater the number of servers and server locations, the more connection choices the VPN will offer. This, in turn, means more security, reliability, and speed.
Apps for all your devices
Simply, you should be able to secure all your devices with your FireStick VPN.
Pick the VPN that offers multi-device support including Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Mobiles, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Browser Extensions, Routers, and more.
Additionally, the VPN must allow simultaneous connections on multiple devices allowing you to use one account on all your devices as well as share it with your family or friends.
Pricing and Return Policy
When it comes to your security and privacy, there is no price that’s too big.
However, let’s also get practical. I would not want a VPN to burn a hole in my pocket.
I like to choose a VPN that has great features and some great deals and discounts.
Additionally, I should be able to test a VPN before I decide to keep it. That’s why I always look for a VPN with at least a 30-Day Money-Back guarantee.
Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and other such streaming services are known to restrict content to specific regions.
If you want to remote the geo-restrictions and unlock all the content, you will need a VPN that makes it possible.
The VPN should have servers in the regions you want to unblock. Also, the VPN should have enough number of servers so that if some of its servers get detected and blocked by the content provider, it still should have easy to find undetected servers.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best FireStick VPN
- Servers: 3000+
- Server Locations/Countries: 160/94
- Devices: Up to 5 simultaneous connections on FireStick, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Browser Extensions, and more
- Return Policy: 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Jurisdiction: British Virgin Islands (outside the jurisdiction of major surveillance organizations)
- Top highlights: Extremely fast, highly secure, works with Netflix, Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Customer Service: 24/7 Live Chat Support and Email Support
- Best Deal: 49% off on the yearly plan with 3 extra months
Why ExpressVPN is the best FireStick VPN?
- Safety & Security: ExpressVPN uses AES-256, the Military-Grade encryption to protect your connection. It is simply impossible to crack
- Additional Security Features: OpenVPN protocol, Kill Switch, HMAC Authentication, Control-channel Encryption, Forward-Secrecy
- Speed: The fastest VPN we have found. 100% streaming-friendly. Works great with third-party APKs. Speed test results included in this post.
- Jurisdiction: Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Out of the jurisdiction of major surveillance bodies.
- Strict No-Logs Policy: ExpressVPN keeps absolutely no logs of your online activities
- Unblocks Netflix and more: Has the highest number of servers that can block Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other streaming services
- Easy to set up and use: Express VPN app for FireStick is super easy to install and set up (instructions provided later in the post). It also has user-friendly apps for all your devices including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and more.
Express VPN is the unchallenged best VPN for FireStick. It is not just highly secure, it is also the fastest VPN.
We performed hundreds of tests that made it evidently clear that Express VPN beats all other VPN providers hands down on all fronts – security, privacy, and speed.
ExpressVPN is the most streaming-friendly VPN and works great with third-party apps like Cinema HD, Tea TV, OLA, and more.
How to install and use ExpressVPN on FireStick
You can get started with ExpressVPN and secure your FireStick in just a few minutes.
Here are the simple steps:
1. Click HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN (49% OFF on the yearly-plan and extra 3 months)
2. Now go to your FireStick. Choose the Search option on the home screen
3. Type ExpressVPN here
Click ExpressVPN (you will see it in the search results)
Install the Express VPN Fire Stick app
4. Sign in with your ExpressVPN account (email address and password)
5. Choose and connect to a VPN server and secure your FireStick
2. Surfshark – The Cheapest All-Round VPN
- Servers: 1000+
- Server Locations: 60+
- Devices: Allows UNLIMITED connections. Apps for FireStick, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Browser Extensions, and more
- Return Policy: 30-Day Return Policy (full refund guarantee)
- Jurisdiction: British Virgin Islands. Outside the jurisdiction of all the surveillance organizations. Strict zero-log policy.
- Top highlights: Cheapest VPN, highly secure, very fast, unlimited connections
- Customer Service: 24/7 Live Chat and Email Support
- Best Deal: 83% saving on the 2-year plan ($47.76 billed every 2-years) | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If there is a VPN that comes close to ExpressVPN in terms of speed, security, and privacy, it is Surfshark.
Surfshark is one of the most cost-effective VPNs in the market.
Click here to save 83% on the 2-year plan that costs only $47.76. That’s just $1.99 per month.
What’s more awesome is that you can use it on unlimited devices. It protects all your family devices, all at the same time.
Surfshark gives your FireStick complete online protection with AES 256 military-grade encryption and highly secure connection protocols. In addition, MultiHop and Camouflage Mode features lend extra layers of security to your connection.
Surfshark is also a very streaming-friendly VPN. It delivered consistent speeds across a range of servers.
Surfshark also worked very well with all the FireStick apps I tested, including Cinema HD, Tea TV, CyberFlix, OLA, and more.
For all these reasons and more, Surfshark is also our pick for the best VPN for FireStick.
How to install and use Surfshark on FireStick
Surfshark is super-easy to install and use on your Amazon Fire Stick devices. Here are the steps:
1. Click HERE to sign up for Surfshark
2. Return to your FireStick. Go to the Search option on the home screen
3. Type Surfshark and click Surfshark in the search results
Follow the on-screen instructions to install Surfshark on FireStick
4. Open the Surfshark app and sign in with your account credentials
5. Find and connect to the desired VPN server location and protect your FireStick
3. NordVPN – Cost Effective & Secure FireStick VPN
- Servers: 5500+
- Server Locations: 60 countries
- Devices: Up to 6 simultaneous connections. Apps for FireStick, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Browser Extensions, and more
- Return Policy: 30-Days full money refund guarantee
- Jurisdiction: Panama. Outside the jurisdiction of all the surveillance organizations. Strict zero-log policy
- Top highlights: Cost-effective, fast, secure, works with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Customer Service: 24/7 Live Chat (bot and human) and Email Support
- Best Deal: 70% savings on the 3-year plan (billed $125.64 every 3 Years) | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
NordVPN is also a highly secure VPN and offers complete protection to your Amazon Fire Stick connection.
Whether you like to stream via third-party apps or unblock geo-restricted content, NordVPN will do it all for you.
NordVPN is fast too. However, not as fast as ExpressVPN or Surfshark. Thankfully, it does deliver consistent speed performance across a range of its servers.
Besides the regular security features (such as AES-256 Encryption), NordVPN also offers DoubleVPN, which tunnels your connection through two layers of security. This makes your connection even more secure. However, it is likely to slow down the speed.
NordVPN is currently offering a 70% discount on its 3-year plan (billed $125.64 every 3 years) and nearly 58% discount on its 2-year plan (billed $119.76 every 2 years).
How to install and use NordVPN on FireStick
Follow the steps below to get started with NordVPN on Amazon Fire Stick:
1. Click HERE to get the NordVPN subscription
2. Go to the Fire Stick home screen and select the Search option
3. Search for NordVPN and install the app on your Amazon Fire Stick
4. Sign in to the FireStick/Fire TV app with your NordVPN username and password
5. Connect to a VPN server
Best FireStick VPN FAQs
ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN are the most suitable VPNs for FireStick. However, ExpressVPN stands out for its excellent connection speeds.
Yes! With a VPN you can stream without any worries. You also maintain your privacy with a secure and anonymous connection.
There are some free VPNs. However, I don’t recommend using one. They are not reliable. Some of them even collect and sell users’ data to buyers.
Yes! The VPNs listed in this post provide multi-device support and have apps for Android & iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, etc. These VPNs also offer router-level configuration. In fact, you can install and use Surfshark on an unlimited number of devices.
We at Top TV Tricks do not endorse streaming the copyrighted content. However, there are many ways your security and privacy can be compromised. Hence, getting a VPN is extremely important. I use a VPN on all my devices including FireStick. Get yourself a FireStick VPN and enjoy the peace of mind while streaming.
Fire TV on Wikipedia
FreeFix TV on FireStick
Cinema HD FireStick
Best FireStick Apps in 2021
Typhoon TV FireStick
1 thought on “The Latest Best VPN for FireStick /Fire TV List”
Downloaded and installed latest cinema apk update version (2.3.5) now when i choose any episode to watch it just returns to home screen and i get no servers no streams just history or tv screen with programme names etc HELP 🙂 any help to my email