Hello Everyone, I am Poppy and in this article, I will share step by step process to install Kodi on FireStick. The same steps will help you download and install the Kodi on various Fire TV devices, Fire Cube, TiVo Stream 4K, Android smart TVs, Mi Box, Mi TV Stick, Nvidia Shield, Smartphones, Roku, PC, laptop, Mac, Linux and more. You will also find the steps to install Kodi on Android TV Boxes later in this article.
Kodi is an open-source media platform that will give you access to best and latest streaming media content including movies, TV shows, live sports, news, sports, and more. It is one of the best apps to install on your FireStick that will unfurl a whole new streaming World for you.
Kodi is supported on almost all the major operating systems available today. With Kodi on FireStick, you will be able to enjoy a vast catalog of TV shows, movies, live news, sports, Pay per view events from around the world, and so much more.
You can also access and organize local video, audio files on your device with Kodi.
Due to Kodi’s versatility and the endless streaming choices that it offers, Kodi has been included in our list of Best FireStick Apps for 2020.
How to install Kodi on FireStick
The installation process provided below will guide you to install Kodi on FireStick or Fire TV device quickly and easily. We have divided the installation process into two parts so that it’s easy for you to follow along. Here’s what you need to do:
Part-1: Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources
Kodi is a third-party app Kodi and is not available in the official Amazon App Store. Therefore, you need to tweak some settings so that you can install apps from Unknown or Third-party Sources. Here are the steps you need to follow to enable Unknown Sources:
1. From your FireStick home screen, head to the Settings tab on the top menu panel
2. Now, scroll to the right and open My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Then, click Apps from Unknown Sources to allow app installation from 3rd party sources
5. Lastly, click Turn On when you see a warning prompt on your FireStick screen
That’s all! Now you are ready to install apps that are unavailable on the official Amazon store.
Part-2: Installation Steps for Kodi
The Downloader app is the easiest method to side-load Kodi on FireStick. First, we will install the Downloader app and luckily the app is available on Amazon FireStick. And then, we will install Kodi through the Downloader app. It’s simple if you follow the steps thoroughly. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Access the Search icon from top menu panel of your FireStick home screen
2. Now, start typing the word Downloader and you will see quick suggestions underneath the on-screen keypad. Navigate to the name Downloader and click on it.
3. After that, click on the Downloader app icon below the app description.
4. Now, you will see the Download button. Click on it and the app will get downloaded and then installed on your FireStick. It may take a few seconds.
5. Once the installation process is complete, click Open
6. When you run Downloader for the first time, it will ask for permission to access your media, photos, and files, click Allow. Then, you will see another quick Start guide, click OK to dismiss that.
7. Navigate to the URL bar with http:// on the right side of the Downloader app.
8. Type in the following URL:
Make sure there are no errors, and then, click Go
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
9. This will redirect you to Kodi’s official website https://kodi.tv/download
10. Scroll down a little bit and you will see Choose Your Weapon section. Click on Android
11. And then, click ARMV7A (32 bit) file
12. Wait for a few seconds until the app is downloaded on your FireStick device.
13. Once downloaded, there will be an installation window on screen. Click INSTALL
14. Wait for Kodi to get installed
15. Lastly, click OPEN and you can start using Kodi on FireStick.
How to access Kodi on FireStick
Now, if you are FireStick newbie and want to know how you can access your installed apps, follow the steps below:
1. Long press the Home button on FireStick remote. Shortly, a menu will appear on the screen
2. Open Apps from there
3. It will reveal the complete list of apps installed on your FireStick. Scroll down to the Kodi app and then click to run it
On its first run, Kodi will ask you for permission to access device media and files, click continue to give the app necessary permission
Next, click Allow to let the app access your device.
Here’s what the Kodi home-screen looks like:
How to install the Kodi on Android TV Box
Installing Kodi on Android TV Box is simple and is somewhat similar to the previous method. Here’s how you install the Kodi on Android TV Box:
- Head over to Apps on the Android TV Box main screen
- Next, you need to open Get More Apps
- Use the Search feature (magnifying glass) to type in the word Downloader and then perform a search
- Select the Downloader app icon
- Click on the Install button
- Head to the Android TV Box Main screen again
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on Security & restrictions
- Enable Unknown Sources for Downloader by turning on the toggle button next to Unknown Sources
- Once more, access Apps from the home window of Android TV Box
- Click on the address bar with http://
- Type in the following URL without any mistakes: toptvtricks.com/kodi
And then, click Go
- Click on the INSTALL button
- Wait for the installation to complete and then, click OPEN to run Kodi on Android TV Box
When you download and install Kodi on FireStick, you unlock an endless stream of content from all across the globe. Not only do you get to stream your favorite movies and TV shows but also can watch live sports, news, and much more.
If you experience any difficulty using or installing the Kodi app, feel free to get in touch with us via the comments section below.