Hi, this is Nick and in this article, I will show you how to fix the Kodi No Stream Available error on Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. The instructions provided here can be used on all the Kodi devices and platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows, FireStick, Fire Cube, etc.)
If you are having trouble finding working streaming links on Kodi and Kodi is showing you the “No stream available” error message, you are not alone. It happens to all the Kodi users at some point or the other. It used to be baffling at first –needless to say extremely frustrating.
The “Kodi no stream available” error means that the add-on returned no links matching your search. There are a number of reasons why this error appears and I will cover all the possible solutions for this error in this post.
Below are the top 5 fixes that will help you resolve No stream available issues. You may not have to try all of them –just try the solutions given on this list one by one until your problem is solved.
Why does Kodi No Stream available error appear?
The error No streams available on Kodi can appear for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Your ISP is blocking the streams from the providers
- There aren’t enough streams available
- There is a local issue within your device
- Problem with the addon installation files
- Large buildup of cache
- Stream providers are not enabled
- You may be using a defunct or outdated version of Add-on
- The video that you are trying to stream may have been removed
- Slow Internet connection can also cause no streams error
The following solutions will cover the above reasons.
1) Use a VPN to unblock streams and fix the Kodi No Stream available issue
ISPs are known to block streams from third-party sources. In fact, it is one of the biggest reasons why you encounter the ‘no streams available’ error on Kodi.
ISPs have a way of detecting streams originating from third-party providers. They can also trace the streaming activities back to you with your exposed IP address 184.108.40.206
Use a VPN to avoid detection and to unblock the ISP-restricted streams. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Kodi. It easily unblocks Kodi streams. It is also the fastest VPN allowing you buffer-free streaming. ExpressVPN hides your IP address and provides iron-clad security to your connection with Military-grade encryption.
ExpressVPN has dedicated apps for FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Android Mobile, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Browser Extensions, and more.
You can use one subscription of ExpressVPN on up to 5 devices at the same time.
2) Use Real Debrid to fix Kodi no stream available issue
Real Debrid is the most popular multi-hoster that offers premium links including 4K streaming links.
Real Debrid can significantly improve your streaming experience by giving you access to premium hosts. With Real-Debrid integrated within your Kodi, you will find several high-resolution streaming links.
We have a detailed guide on How to set up and use Real Debrid on Kodi on our website. However, in this guide, I am providing you with the quick steps to configure Real Debrid within Exodus Redux addon.
1. From the home screen of the Kodi Exodus Redux addon, click Tools
2. Then, scroll down and click ResolveURL Settings
3. On the left menu bar of the screen, click on Universal Resolvers, and then get to the middle section of the screen and scroll down to the Real Debrid section. It will require you to scroll down quite a bit to find Real-debrid section.
4. Once you are there, click (Re)Authorise My Account
5. There will be an authorization code on the screen
6. On a browser, visit https://real-debrid.com/device
7. Then, enter the code that appeared on your Kodi screen and click Continue authorize Real Debrid within Exodus Redux
8. Once see Application allowed notification, the authorization process is complete. You will now find premium Real-Debrid links within Exodus Redux addon.
3) Clear Kodi Cache to fix Kodi no streams issue
When you see the “No streams available” message on Kodi, it also can be because of the cached data that Kodi has. In such cases, clearing the Kodi cache may solve your problem. Visit our guide How to Clear Cache on Kodi to find the detailed methods to clear the cache on Kodi.
Once you are done clearing the Kodi cache, re-launch Kodi to see if the “No streams available” problem has been resolved. If your videos are streaming again, you are good to go!
4) Uninstall and Reinstall the addon
When an add-on is showing “Kodi no streams available” error, it is a great idea to uninstall and re-install the add-on. It clears all the previous data and gives you a clean slate.
In this guide, I will use Exodus Redux as an example. You can use this method with all other Kodi add-ons. It is a two-step process:
Uninstall Exodus Redux
Here’s how you uninstall Exodus Redux on Kodi:
1. Run Kodi
2. Go to the Settings (cog icon) from the home screen of Kodi
3. Click Add-ons folder
4. Under Add-ons, click on My add-ons
5. Next, click Video Add-ons.
6. Click Exodus Redux
7. Click the Uninstall button at the far bottom-right corner
8. Go ahead and choose Yes to confirm your action
9. When prompted with the below dialog box, click Yes again
10. Wait for some time until Exodus Redux add-on is uninstalled.
Reinstall Exodus Redux
Once you have successfully uninstalled the add-on, you will need to re-install the add-on.
Check our guide How to install the Exodus Redux on Kodi to install the add-on again.
5) Enable Providers and fix Kodi No Stream Available (if the option is available)
Sometimes you get no streams on Kodi when the providers are disabled. By enabling the providers, you can get the streams again in certain cases.
Again, I am using the Exodus Redux addon here. The steps may vary a bit for any other addon. However, it gives you a general idea to enable the providers:
1. Click Tools on the main display of the addon (Exodus Redux in this case)
2. Click the Providers setting
3. Select Providers button on the left and click Open Scraper Settings
4. Select the General button on the left and click Enable All Providers
6) Try Streaming with Faster & Stable Internet Connection
Slow Internet is a rather common reason behind the Kodi No Stream Available error. That’s why you need to make sure you are using a strong Wi-Fi network while streaming on Kodi.
You need at least a 10mbps internet connection for streaming. However, a 50mbps connection is recommended as it will allow you to stream without any buffering issues. You can check your internet speed by downloading the Internet Speed Test App on FireStick and other android devices. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.speedtest.net/ on a browser for the same.
If you have a fast internet connection at home but having temporary slow internet issues, sometimes, it means the router has internal problems. Luckily, you can normally fix minor issues just by restarting the router/modem. Here’s how you do it:
- Unplug the router/modem for a minute
- Then, plug it back in. And wait for it to reconnect.
If the No Streams Available error problem isn’t resolved yet, try the other solutions in this guide.
7) Try Lower Resolution Links to Fix Kodi No Stream Available Error
If you are having trouble with lagging videos, try streaming lower resolution links. Ultra HD videos may not load on your device with a poor internet connection.
8) Try Streaming Different Sources
Kodi addons usually have plenty of sources for each TV episode and movie. If you face the Kodi No Streams error, you can try playing different source links to see if they are working. Sometimes, the Source link that you are trying to play may be unavailable, triggering the no streams error on Kodi.
9) Make Sure the Video Source is Available
Another common reason behind the Kodi no stream error is that the title you are looking for may be unavailable, or may have been removed. Usually, it happens when you are trying to watch very old movies and TV shows. The same thing happens with recently released TV episodes or movies. They are so new that there may not be any working sources for those titles.
If the video has been removed from the Internet recently, you will still see those source links. However, it won’t play, leading to no stream available error.
10) Ensure You Are Using a Working Kodi Add-on
The add-on you are using must be a working one. Using a defunct addon to stream content is another common reason behind the Kodi no stream error. Kodi addons becoming popular and then disappearing is not an uncommon sight. Often, the non-working addons still have their categories and movies/shows titles but no working streams. In this case, the only way to fix Kodi no stream error is using another addon.
To find out if a Kodi addon is functional, try playing 2-3 movies and TV episodes from different categories. If any of the titles play, it is likely that the addon still working. But if none of them play, you can try other addons from our Best Kodi Addons list to watch the content you are looking to watch.
11) Keep Multiple Add-ons installed on Kodi to Avoid Kodi No Stream Available
It is always a good idea to have multiple Kodi addon installed. If you watch on-demand content, have at least two on-demand Kodi addons. The same goes for live TV content, Sports content, etc. It will make sure that you always have options if one addon fails to work. Check our guide Best Kodi Addons List and install the working addons for the content that you prefer.
12) Update the Add-on
Sometimes, no stream error can happen because the addon you are using is outdated. Addon-developers come with new updates regularly. Here’s how you update an add-on (I am taking the Exodus Redux addon as an example here. The steps will be the same for other addons):
1. From Kodi Home Screen, go to Settings (Gear icon)
2. Click Add-ons
3. Choose My add-ons
4. Click Video add-ons
4. Click Exodus Redux (or any other addon that you are trying to update)
5. Click Update
The update will install if there is an update available. This should solve your Kodi no stream error issue.
13) Clear Cache and Providers within the Addon and fix the Kodi No Stream available problem
The accumulated cache can result in the Kodi no stream available error. Follow the steps below to remove cache and providers within a Kodi addon. (Again, for demonstration purposes, I am using the Exodus Redux addon. The steps may slightly vary depending on the add-on you are using. )
1. Launch the Exodus Redus addon by clicking Kodi Home Screen> Add-ons > Video Add-ons> Exodus Redux.
2. From Exodus Redux Main screen, click Tools
3. Scroll down and click Cache Functions
3. Click EXODUS REDUX: Clear Providers…
4. Click Yes
5. Similarly, clear cache by going back to the from the Cache Functions screen. Click EXODUS REDUX: Clear cache…
6. Click Yes to confirm. And you are done.
14) Increase the Provider Timeout Limit
Providers usually have a set timeout. It essentially decides the time that a Kodi addon will spend scraping links from the Internet for the particular title you are trying to watch.
The good news is you can extend that timeout period within the add-on’s settings/tools. This small adjustment can be helpful if you have slow internet issues.
Again, I am taking the Exodus Redux Kodi add-on as an example here. The tools/settings names may be slightly different in other Addon
1. Go to Tools
2. Click Settings: Providers
3. Click General > Providers Timeout (it’s set at 30s by default)
4. Drag the slider to the end to set the maximum timeout for any provider. In Exodus 60 seconds is the maximum limit)
5. Then, click OK to save the changes
15) Uninstall and Reinstall Kodi to Fix No Stream Available Issue
If nothing seems to work, you may want to uninstall and reinstall Kodi on your device. If you are using FireStick, here is how you can install Kodi once you have uninstalled it.
If you have any other device, you can always install Kodi from the official website.
FAQs on Kodi No Stream Available
You could get this error message for a variety of reasons. It could be an issue with your device or simply a server problem at Kodi’s end. This guide covers several possibilities and solutions.
There are a bunch of things you could do. We have provided the solutions in this post. You are likely to get things working again.
Yes! Oftentimes, it is your ISP blocking the streams. They can be unblocked with a VPN (ExpressVPN recommended)
Yes! you will find various solutions in this post.
Wrapping up Kodi No Stream Availalble
Kodi “No Stream Available” error can be annoying, however, if you follow these solutions provided here, you should be able to fix the problem easily. Let us know if these solutions resolved your issue. If you have any other solutions that have worked for you, we would love for you to share them with us in the comments section below.