Hi, this is Nick and in this article, I will show you how to fix the Kodi No Stream Available error on Kodi 18. The instructions laid out here can be used on all the Kodi devices and platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows, FireStick, Fire Cube, etc.)
If you are having trouble finding working streaming links on Kodi and Kodi is showing you the “No stream available” error message, you are not alone. It happens to all the Kodi users at some point or the other. It used to be baffling at first –needless to say extremely frustrating.
The “No stream available” error on Kodi means that the add-on returned no links matching your search. There are a number of reasons why this error appears and I will cover all the possible solutions for this error in this post.
Below are the top 5 fixes that will help you resolve No stream available issues. You may not have to try all of them –just try the solutions given on this list one by one until your problem is solved.
Why does Kodi No Stream available error appear?
The error No streams available on Kodi can appear for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Your ISP is blocking the streams from the providers
- There aren’t enough streams available
- There is a local issue within your device
- Problem with the addon installation files
- Large buildup of cache
- Stream providers are not enabled
The following solutions will cover the above reasons.
1) Use a VPN to unblock streams and fix Kodi No Stream available issue
ISPs are known to block streams from third-party sources. In fact, it is one of the biggest reasons why you encounter the ‘no streams available’ error on Kodi.
ISPs have a way of detecting streams originating from third-party providers. They can also trace the streaming activities back to you with your exposed IP address 188.8.131.52
Use a VPN to avoid detection and to unblock the ISP-restricted streams. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Kodi. It easily unblocks Kodi streams. It is also the fastest VPN allowing you buffer-free streaming. ExpressVPN hides your IP address and provides iron-clad security to your connection with Military-grade encryption.
ExpressVPN has dedicated apps for FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Android Mobile, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Browser Extensions, and more.
You can use one subscription of ExpressVPN on up to 5 devices at the same time.
2) Use Real Debrid to fix Kodi no stream available issue
Real Debrid is the most popular multi-hoster that offers premium links including 4K streaming links.
Real Debrid can significantly improve your streaming experience by giving you access to the premium hosts. With Real-Debrid integrated within your Kodi, you will find several high-resolution streaming links.
We have a detailed guide on How to set up and use Real Debrid on Kodi on our website. However, in this guide, I am providing you with the quick steps to configure Real Debrid within Exodus Redux addon.
1. From the home screen of the Kodi Exodus Redux addon, click Tools
2. Then, scroll down and click ResolveURL Settings
3. On the left menu bar of the screen, click on Universal Resolvers, and then get to the middle section of the screen and scroll down to the Real Debrid section. It will require you to scroll down quite a bit to find Real-debrid section.
4. Once you are there, click (Re)Authorise My Account
5. There will be an authorization code on the screen
6. On a browser, visit https://real-debrid.com/device
7. Then, enter the code that appeared on your Kodi screen and click Continue authorize Real Debrid within Exodus Redux
8. Once see Application allowed notification, the authorization process is complete. You will now find premium Real-Debrid links within Exodus Redux addon.
3) Clear Kodi Cache to fix no Kodi streams issue
When you see the “No streams available” message on Kodi, it also can be because of the cached data that Kodi has. In such cases, clearing the Kodi cache may solve your problem. Visit our guide How to Clear Cache on Kodi to find the detailed methods to clear the cache on Kodi.
Once you are done clearing Kodi cache, re-launch Kodi to see if the “No streams available” problem has been resolved. If your videos are streaming again, you are good to go!
4) Uninstall and Reinstall the addon
When an add-on is showing “Kodi no streams available” error, it is a great idea to uninstall and re-install the add-on. It clears all the previous data and gives you a clean slate.
In this guide, I will use Exodus Redux as an example. You can use this method with all other Kodi add-ons. It is a two-step process:
Uninstall Exodus Redux
Here’s how you uninstall Exodus Redux on Kodi:
1. Run Kodi
2. Go to the Settings (cog icon) from the home screen of Kodi
3. Click Add-ons folder
4. Under Add-ons, click on My add-ons
5. Next, click Video Add-ons.
6. Click Exodus Redux
7. Click the Uninstall button at the far bottom-right corner
8. Go ahead and choose Yes to confirm your action
9. When prompted with the below dialog box, click Yes again
10. Wait for some time until Exodus Redux add-on is uninstalled.
Reinstall Exodus Redux
Once you have successfully uninstalled the add-on, you will need to re-install the add-on.
Check our guide How to install the Exodus Redux on Kodi to install the add-on again.
5) Enable Providers and fix Kodi No Stream Available (if the option is available)
Sometimes you get no streams on Kodi when the providers are disabled. By enabling the providers, you can get the streams again in certain cases.
Again, I am using the Exodus Redux addon here. The steps may vary a bit for any other addon. However, it gives you a general idea to enable the providers:
1. Click Tools on the main display of the addon (Exodus Redux in this case)
2. Click the Providers setting
3. Select Providers button on the left and click Open Scraper Settings
4. Select the General button on the left and click Enable All Providers
FAQs on Kodi No Stream Available
You could get this error message for a variety of reasons. It could be an issue with your device or simply a server problem at Kodi’s end. This guide covers several possibilities and solutions.
There are a bunch of things you could do. We have provided the solutions in this post. You are likely to get things working again.
Yes! Oftentimes, it is your ISP blocking the streams. They can be unblocked with a VPN (ExpressVPN recommended)
Yes! you will find various solutions in this post.
Kodi “No Stream Available” error can be annoying, however, if you follow these solutions provided here, you should be able to fix the problem easily. Let us know if these solutions resolved your issue. If you have any other solutions that have worked for you, we would love for you to share them with us in the comments section below.