Hi, this is Nick and in this article, I will show you how to fix the Kodi No Stream Available error on Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. The instructions provided here can be used on all the Kodi devices and platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows, FireStick, Fire Cube, Kodi Box, Android TV Box etc.)
If you are having trouble finding working links while streaming movies or shows or watching live events or live TV and the Kodi app is displaying you the “No stream available” error message, you are not alone.
It happens to all the Kodi users at some point or the other. It used to be baffling at first – needless to say extremely frustrating.
The “Kodi no stream available” error means that the add-on returned no working link matching your search. There are a number of reasons why this error appears and I will cover all the possible solutions for this error in this post.
Below are the top 15 fixes that will help you resolve No stream available issues. These solutions are meant for Kodi 19 as well as 18 (such as Exodus Kodi addon)
Note: Most Kodi 18 addon developers (such as Cold Fire of Exodus Kodi addon) have stopped supporting or updating their addons. Therefore, it would be a good idea to switch to Kodi 19 now.
You may not have to try all of them – just try the solutions given on this list one by one until your problem is solved.
Why does Kodi No Stream available error appear?
The error No streams available on Kodi app can appear for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Your ISP is blocking the streams from the providers
- There aren’t enough streams available
- There is a local issue within your device
- Problem with the addon installation files
- Large buildup of cache
- Stream providers are not enabled
- You may be using a defunct or outdated version of Add-on
- The video that you are trying to stream may have been removed
- Slow Internet connection can also cause no streams error
How to Fix Kodi No Stream Available
The following solutions will cover the above reasons.
1) Use a VPN to unblock streams and fix the Kodi No Stream available issue
Is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) interfering with Kodi?
ISPs are known to block streams from third-party sources. In fact, it is one of the biggest reasons why you encounter the Kodi error, ‘no streams available.
ISPs have a way of detecting streams originating from third-party providers. They can also trace the streaming activities back to you with your exposed IP address 22.214.171.124
Use a VPN to avoid detection and to unblock the ISP-restricted streams. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Kodi. It easily unblocks Kodi streams. It is also the fastest VPN allowing you buffer-free streaming.
ExpressVPN hides your IP address and provides iron-clad security to your network connection with Military-grade encryption.
ExpressVPN has dedicated apps for FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android TV Box, Android Mobile, Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Linux, Browser Extensions, and more.
You can use one subscription of ExpressVPN on up to 5 devices at the same time.
2) Use Real Debrid to take care of Kodi no stream available issue
Real Debrid is the most popular multi-hoster that offers premium links including 4K streaming links.
Real Debrid can significantly improve your streaming experience by giving you access to premium hosts.
Integrate Real Debrid with Kodi and you will find several high-resolution streaming links. That means much better video quality as well.
We have a detailed guide on How to set up and use Real Debrid on Kodi on our website. However, in this guide, I am providing you with the quick steps to configure Real Debrid within the Crew Kodi addon.
1. On the home screen of the Crew addon, click Tools option to open the main menu
2. Then, click ResolveURL Settings
3. On the left menu bar of the screen, click on Universal Resolvers, and then get to the middle section of the screen and scroll down to the Real Debrid section. It will require you to scroll down quite a bit to find Real-debrid section.
4. Once you are there, click (Re)Authorise My Account
5. There will be an authorization code on the screen
6. On a browser, visit https://real-debrid.com/device
7. Then, enter the code that appeared on your Kodi screen and click Continue authorize Real Debrid within the addon
8. Once you see the Application allowed notification, the authorization process is complete. You will now find premium Real-Debrid links within the addon.
You can now watch movies and shows of higher quality.
3) Clear Kodi Cache to resolve Kodi no streams issue
When you see the “No streams available” message on Kodi, it also can be because of the cached data that Kodi has. In such cases, clearing the Kodi cache may solve your problem. Visit our guide How to Clear Cache on Kodi to find the detailed methods to clear the cache on Kodi.
Once you are done clearing the Kodi cache, re-launch Kodi to see if the “No streams available” problem has been resolved. If your videos are streaming again, you are good to go!
4) Enable Sources/Providers and fix Kodi No Stream Available (if the option is available)
Sometimes you get no streams on Kodi when the sources or providers are disabled. By enabling the providers, you can get the streams again in certain cases.
I am using the Diamond Shadow addon here. The steps may vary a bit for any other addon. However, it gives you a general idea to enable the providers:
1. Click Tools/Settings on the main display of the addon
Note: On some addons (such as The Crew and Exodus Add on), it is Tools
2. Click the Sources on the right and Enable all on the left
Note: On Exodus Redux Kodi 18 addon, you need to go to Providers > Open Scrapers Settings > General > Enable All Providers
Note: In some addons, you may see Providers instead of Sources. Select Providers button on the left and click Open Scraper Settings
Select the General button on the left and click Enable All Providers
5) Uninstall and Reinstall the addon
When an add-on is showing the no stream available error, it is a great idea to uninstall and re-install the add-on. It clears all the previous data and gives you a clean slate.
In this guide, I will use The Crew addon as an example. You can use this method with all other Kodi add-ons (such as Exodus Redux). It is a two-step process:
Uninstall the addon
Here’s how you uninstall any addon on Kodi:
1. Run Kodi
2. Go to the Kodi Settings (cog icon) from the home screen
3. Click Add-ons folder
4. Under Add-ons, click on My add-ons
5. Next, click Video Add-ons.
6. Click The Crew or the addon you wish to uninstall
7. Click the Uninstall button at the far bottom-right corner
8. Go ahead and choose Yes to confirm your action
9. When prompted with the below dialog box, click Yes again
10. Wait for some time until the add-on is uninstalled.
Reinstall the addon
Once you have successfully uninstalled the add-on, you will need to re-install the add-on.
We used The Crew addon for demonstration. Check our guide on how to install The Crew addon on Kodi.
Note: To install and fix Exodus Kodi, follow our Exodus Redux guide.
6) Try Streaming with Faster & Stable Internet Connection
Slow Internet or network connection is a rather common reason behind the No Stream Available error on Kodi. It also affects the video quality.
That’s why you need to make sure you are using a strong Wi-Fi network while streaming on Kodi.
You need at least a 10Mbps internet connection for streaming. However, a 50mbps connection is recommended as it will allow you to stream without any buffering issues.
You can check your speed by your Internet provider with the Internet Speed Test App on FireStick and other android devices.
Alternatively, you can visit https://www.speedtest.net/ on a browser for the same.
If you have a fast internet connection at home but have temporary slow internet issues, sometimes, it means the router has internal problems.
Luckily, you can normally fix minor network connection issues just by restarting the router/modem. Here’s how you do it:
- Unplug the router/modem for a minute
- Then, plug it back in. And wait for it to reconnect.
If the Internet speed does not change, please contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
If the No Streams Available error problem isn’t resolved yet, try the other solutions in this guide.
7) Try Lower Resolution Links to Fix Kodi No Stream Available Error
If you are having trouble with lagging videos, try streaming lower resolution links.
Ultra HD videos may not load on your device with a poor internet connection.
8) Try Streaming Different Sources
Kodi addons usually have plenty of sources for each movie or TV show.
If you face the Kodi No Streams error during video playback, you can try playing different source links to see if they are working.
Sometimes, the Source link that you are trying to play may be unavailable, triggering the same error on Kodi.
9) Make Sure the Video Source is Available
Another common reason behind the Kodi no stream error is that the title you are looking for may be unavailable, or may have been removed.
Usually, it happens when you are trying to watch a very old movie or TV show. The same thing happens with recently released TV episodes or movies.
They are so new that there may not be any working sources for those titles.
If the video has been removed from the Internet recently, you will still see those source links. However, it won’t play, leading to no stream available error.
10) Ensure You Are Using a Working Kodi Add-on
The add-on you are using must be a working one. Using a defunct or abandoned add-on to stream paid or free content is another common reason behind the Kodi no stream error.
Kodi addons becoming popular and then disappearing is not an uncommon sight.
Often, the non-working addons still have their categories and movies/shows titles but no sources for video playback.
In this case, the only way to resolve Kodi no stream error is using another addon.
To find out if a Kodi addon is functional, try playing a couple of movies and TV episodes from different categories.
If any of the titles play, it is likely that the addon is still working.
But if none of them play, you can try other addons from our Best Kodi Addons list to watch the content you are looking to watch.
11) Keep Multiple Add-ons installed on Kodi to Avoid Kodi No Stream Available
It is always a good idea to have multiple Kodi addons installed. If you watch on-demand content, have at least two on-demand Kodi addons. The same goes for live TV content, Sports content, etc.
Multiple or new add-ons will make sure that you always have options if one addon fails to work. Check our guide Best Kodi Addons List and install the working addons for the content that you prefer.
12) Update the Outdated Add-on
Sometimes, no stream error can happen because the addon you are using is outdated.
Addon developers come with new updates regularly.
Here’s how you update an add-on (I am taking The Crew addon as an example here. The steps will be the same for other addons):
1. From Kodi Home Screen, go to Kodi Settings (Gear icon)
2. Click Add-ons
3. Choose My add-ons
4. Click Video add-ons
4. Click the addon you wish to uninstall (The Crew in our case)
5. Make sure Auto-update is on to allow the addon to update itself automatically whenever the new version is available
To update the addon manually, click Versions. The addon will install the latest version.
Note: On Exodus Redux or other addons on Kodi 18, click the Update button (not displayed in the image below)
The update will install if there is an update available. This should solve your Kodi error.
13) Clear Cache and Providers within the Addon and fix the Kodi No Stream available problem
The accumulated cache can result in the no stream available error on Kodi. Follow the steps below to remove cache and clear providers within a Kodi addon. (Again, for demonstration purposes, I am using the Diamond Shadow addon. The steps may slightly vary depending on the add-on you are using. )
1. Launch the addon by going to Kodi Home Screen> Add-ons > Video Add-ons
Note: You can open Exodus Redux or any other Kodi 18 addon in the same way
2. Click Tools option or Settings (depending upon the addon)
3. Scroll down and click Clear Cache
On Exodus Redux add-on, you will first need to click Cache Functions
4. If a popup appears, click Yes or Confirm
5. Next, click Clear Providers…
6. Click Yes
By following all the above steps, you are likely to find better links for the movie or TV show you want to watch.
14) Increase the Provider Timeout Limit
Providers time out after searching for the links after a period of time. It essentially decides the time that a Kodi addon will spend scraping links from the Internet for the particular title you are trying to watch.
The good news is you can extend the Providers timeout period within the add-on’s settings/tools option.
This small adjustment in the provider timeout option can be helpful if you have slow internet issues.
Again, I am taking the Diamond Shadow Kodi add-on as an example here. The tools/settings names may be slightly different in other Addon
1. Go to Settings/Tools
2. Click Sources on the left and Max time for scraping on the right
Note: This may appear differently on other addons. For instance, on Kodi Exodus Add On, it says Providers Timeout.
On Exodus Redux add-on, you need to click the General tab
3. Change the value to at least 60 seconds
Note: In Kodi Exodus Redux addon, drag the slider to the end to set the maximum timeout for any provider. In Exodus Redux, 60 seconds is the maximum limit)45. Then, click OK to save the changes
By increasing the providers timeout option, you are likely to find more links to stream movies and shows.
This works for both Kodi 19 and 18 addons (such as Exodus Kodi)
15) Uninstall and Reinstall Kodi to Fix No Stream Available Issue
If nothing seems to work, you may want to uninstall and reinstall Kodi on your device. If you are using FireStick, once you have uninstalled Kodi, here is how you can reinstall Kodi media player.
If you have any other device, you can always install Kodi from the official website.
Note: If you want to install Exodus Redux (or any other Kodi 18-only compatible addon), install the Kodi 18 Leia version.
How to Fix Kodi No Stream Available (A Summary)
Let’s quickly summarize the solutions we have provided above through the points below:
- Use a VPN to Fix Kodi No Stream Available issue
- Use Real Debrid
- Clear Kodi Cache
- Enable Source Providers
- Uninstall & Reinstall the Addon
- Use a reliable internet connection
- Try lower resolution
- Try different sources
- Make sure the video source is available
- Do not use an outdated Kodi addon
- Use multiple addons
- Keep the addon up to date
- Clear providers and cache within the addon
- Increase provider time-out limit
- Uninstall and reinstall Kodi media player
FAQs on Kodi No Stream Available
You could get this error message for a variety of reasons. It could be an issue with your device or simply a server problem at Kodi’s end. This guide covers several possibilities and solutions.
There are a bunch of things you could do. We have provided the solutions in this post. You are likely to get things working again.
Yes! Oftentimes, it is your ISP blocking the streams. They can be unblocked with a VPN (ExpressVPN recommended)
Yes! you will find various solutions in this post.
Wrapping up Kodi No Stream Availalble
Kodi No Stream Available error can be annoying, however, if you follow these solutions provided here, you should be able to fix the problem easily. Let us know if these solutions resolve your issue. If you have any other solutions that have worked for you, we would love for you to share them with us in the comments section below.
You may also visit the Kodi Community forum (click HERE)
How to Fix Buffering on FireStick
Best Tips for Kodi in 2022
Best Apps for FireStick in 2022
Best Live TV Apps for FireStick in 2022
Best VPN for FireStick
Install ExpressVPN on FireStick
How to Use Kodi on Chromecast