Hi, I am Nick. In this post, I will provide the solutions to fix the Kodi No Stream Available error for Kodi 20 Nexus and Kodi 19. The solutions work on FireStick and all devices that run Kodi, such as Mac, Windows 11 (and older versions), Android & iOS Smartphones, Tablets, iPads, Android TVs, and more.
Kodi No Stream Available Overview
You get the No Stream Available error message when a video addon fails to fetch any streaming link for a film or TV episode. The problem is pretty common, and most Kodi users experience it once in a while. It can be confusing and annoying.
You may encounter the error even with popular addons like The Crew, Shadow, Asgard, etc. Several factors may trigger this error. I have tried to include every possible reason and solution in this guide.
You will find 15 solutions for Kodi 20 and Kodi 19 in this post.
What causes the Kodi No Stream error?
As I said, many reasons may cause the error. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) might be blocking streams from providers.
- Insufficient availability of streams.
- Local problem with your device.
- Issues with addon installation files.
- A significant accumulation of cache.
- Stream providers may not be enabled.
- Outdated version of an addon.
- The video you are attempting to stream may have been removed.
- A slow internet connection.
How to Fix Kodi No Stream Available
The following solutions will cover the above reasons.
1) Use a VPN to unblock streams and fix the Kodi No Stream available issue
If your ISP (Internet Service Provider) interferes with Kodi streaming, you may run into this problem.
One of the most prominent reasons you may encounter the No Streams error is your ISP blocking the requests for streams originating from Kodi.
ISPs can easily identify the online traffic coming from third-party providers. They can also trace the streaming activities back to you with your exposed IP address 188.8.131.52
Use a VPN to avoid detection and unblock ISP-restricted streams. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Kodi. It unblocks Kodi streams efficiently. It is also the fastest VPN allowing you buffer-free streaming.
ExpressVPN hides your IP address and provides iron-clad security to your network connection with Military-grade encryption. It also encrypts and hides your streaming activities from the ISP.
ExpressVPN has dedicated apps for FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android TV Box, Android Mobile, Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Linux, Browser Extensions, and more. You can use one ExpressVPN subscription on up to 5 devices simultaneously.
2) Use Real Debrid to take care of Kodi no stream available issue
Kodi addons fetch streaming links from free servers. However, as the servers are free, they usually get more traffic than they can handle. As a result, you run into the No Stream issue.
Real Debrid is the most popular multi-hoster that offers premium links, including 4K streaming links. Real Debrid improves your streaming experience significantly by giving you access to premium servers with lower traffic. Setting up Real Debrid with Kodi gives you more stable video streaming links in higher resolution.
If you want to know more, follow our guide on setting up and using Real Debrid on Kodi. However, if you are aware of Real Debrid, let me give you the quick steps to set it up with the Crew addon for demonstration. The steps remain essentially the same even if you use any other addon.
1. Click the Tools option to open the main menu on the Crew home screen.
2. Then, click ResolveURL Settings.
3. On the left menu bar of the screen, click Universal Resolvers 2, and then get to the middle section of the screen and scroll down to the Real Debrid section.
Once you are there, click (Re)Authorise My Account.
4. There will be an authorization code on the screen. On a browser, visit https://real-debrid.com/device
Enter the code on your Kodi screen and click Continue to authorize Real Debrid within the addon. Once you see the Application allowed notification, the authorization process is complete. You will now find premium Real-Debrid links within the addon.
3) Clear Kodi Cache to resolve Kodi no streams issue
When you see the “No streams available” message on Kodi, it also can be because of Kodi’s cached data. In such cases, clearing the Kodi cache may solve your problem. Visit our guide, How to Clear Cache on Kodi, to find the detailed methods to clear the cache on Kodi.
Once you are done clearing the Kodi cache, re-launch Kodi to see if the “No streams available” problem has been resolved. If your videos are streaming again, you are good to go!
4) Enable Sources/Providers and fix Kodi No Stream Available (if the option is available)
Sometimes you get no streams on Kodi when the sources or providers are disabled. You can get the streams again in some instances by enabling the providers.
I am using the Magic Dragon addon here. The steps may vary a bit for any other addon. However, it gives you a general idea to enable the providers:
1. Click Tools/Settings on the main display of the addon.
Note: On some addons (such as The Crew), it is Tools.
2. Click Sources on the right and Enable all on the left.
Note: In some addons, you may see Providers instead of Sources. Select the Providers button on the left and click Open Scraper Settings.
3. Select the General button on the left and click Enable All Providers.
5) Uninstall and Reinstall the addon
When an addon shows the no stream available error, it is a great idea to uninstall and reinstall it. It clears all the previous data and gives you a clean slate.
In this guide, I will use The Crew addon as an example. You can use this method with all other Kodi addons. It is a two-step process:
Uninstall the addon
Here’s how you uninstall any addon on Kodi:
1. Run Kodi. Go to the Kodi Settings (cog icon) from the home screen.
2. Click the Add-ons folder.
3. Under Add-ons, click on My add-ons.
4. Next, click Video Add-ons.
5. Click The Crew or the addon you wish to uninstall.
6. Click the Uninstall button at the far bottom-right corner.
7. Go ahead and choose Yes to confirm your action.
8. When prompted with the below dialog box, click Yes again.
Wait for some time until the addon is uninstalled.
Reinstall the addon
Once you have successfully uninstalled the addon, you will need to re-install the addon.
We used The Crew addon for demonstration. Check our guide on how to install The Crew addon on Kodi.
6) Try Streaming with Faster & Stable Internet Connection
Slow Internet or network connection is a common reason behind Kodi’s No Stream Available error. It also affects the video quality. That’s why you must use a strong Wi-Fi network while streaming on Kodi.
You need at least a 10Mbps internet connection for streaming. However, a 50mbps connection is recommended to allow you to stream without any buffering issues.
You can check your speed by your Internet provider with the Internet Speed Test App on FireStick and other Android devices. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.speedtest.net/ in a browser.
If you have a fast internet connection at home but have temporary slow internet issues, sometimes, it means the router has internal problems.
Luckily, you can fix minor network connection issues by restarting the router/modem. Here’s how you do it:
- Unplug the router/modem for a minute
- Then, plug it back in. And wait for it to reconnect.
If the Internet speed does not change, please get in touch with your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
If the No Streams Available error problem isn’t resolved, try this guide’s other solutions.
7) Try Lower Resolution Links to Fix Kodi No Stream Available Error
If you are having trouble with lagging videos, try streaming lower-resolution links.
Ultra HD videos with a poor internet connection may not load on your device.
8) Try Streaming Different Sources
Kodi addons usually have plenty of sources for every movie or episode.
You can try playing different source links if you face the Kodi No Streams error during video playback.
Sometimes, the Source link you are trying to play may be unavailable, triggering the error on Kodi.
9) Make Sure the Video Source is Available
Another common reason behind the Kodi no-stream error is that the title you are looking for may be unavailable or may have been removed.
Usually, it happens when you are trying to watch a very old movie or TV show.
The same happens with recently released TV episodes or movies. They are so new that there may not be any working sources for those titles.
If the video has been removed from the Internet recently, you will still see those source links. However, it won’t play, leading to no stream available error.
10) Ensure You Are Using a Working Kodi Add-on
The addon you are using must be a working one. Using a defunct or abandoned addon to stream paid or free content is another common reason behind the Kodi no stream error.
Kodi addons becoming popular and then disappearing is not an uncommon sight.
The non-working addons often have their categories and movies/show titles but no sources for video playback. In this case, using another addon is the only way to resolve Kodi no stream error.
To determine if a Kodi addon is functional, try playing a few movies and TV episodes from different categories. If any titles play, the addon is likely still working. However, if none of them play, you can try other addons from our Best Kodi Addons list to watch the content you want to watch.
11) Keep Multiple Add-ons installed on Kodi to Avoid Kodi No Stream Available
It is always a good idea to have multiple Kodi addons installed. If you watch on-demand content, have at least two on-demand Kodi addons. The same goes for live TV content, Sports content, etc.
Multiple or new addons will ensure you always have options if one addon fails to work. Check our guide Best Kodi Addons List, and install the working addons for your preferred content.
12) Update the Outdated Add-on
Sometimes, no stream error can happen because your addon is outdated. Addon developers come with new updates regularly.
Here’s how you update an addon (I am taking The Crew addon as an example here. The steps will be the same for other addons):
1. From Kodi Home Screen, go to Kodi Settings (Gear icon).
2. Click Add-ons.
3. Choose My add-ons.
4. Click Video add-ons.
5. Click the addon you wish to uninstall (The Crew, in our case).
6. Make sure Auto-update is on to allow the addon to update itself automatically whenever the new version is available. To update the addon manually, click Versions. The addon will install the latest version.
The update will install if there is an update available. This should solve your Kodi error.
13) Clear Cache and Providers within the Addon and fix the Kodi No Stream available problem
The accumulated cache can result in the no stream available error on Kodi. Follow the steps below to remove the cache and clear providers within a Kodi addon. (Again, I am using the Crew addon for demonstration purposes. The steps may vary slightly depending on the addon you are using. )
1. Launch the addon by going to Kodi Home Screen> Add-ons > Video Add-ons. Click the Tools option or Settings (depending upon the addon).
2. Scroll down and click Clear Cache.
3. If a popup appears, click Yes or Confirm.
4. Next, click Clear Providers…
5. Click Yes.
By following all the above steps, you will likely find better links for the movie or TV show you want to watch.
14) Increase the Provider Timeout Limit
There is a preset duration that determines how much time a Kodi addon will spend looking for the streaming links. If the addon cannot find any links during this time, it times out and stops looking.
Sometimes, the addon may need a bit longer to find video streams. By increasing the timeout duration, you allow more time for the addon to scrape the internet for streams. As a result, you improve the chances of the addon finding a stream.
Again, I am taking the Crew Kodi addon as an example. The tools/settings names may be slightly different in other addons.
1. Go to Settings/Tools.
2. Click Playback on the left and Providers Timeout on the right.
Note: This may appear differently for other addons.
3. You can increase it to up to 60 seconds.
By increasing the provider’s timeout option, you are likely to find more links to stream movies and shows.
15) Uninstall and Reinstall Kodi to Fix the No Stream Available Issue
You may want to uninstall and reinstall Kodi on your device if nothing seems to work. If you are using FireStick, once you have uninstalled Kodi, here is how you can reinstall the Kodi media player.
You can always install Kodi from the official website if you have any other device.
How to Fix Kodi No Stream Available (A Summary)
Let’s quickly summarize the solutions we have provided above through the points below:
- Use a VPN to Fix Kodi No Stream Available issue
- Use Real Debrid
- Clear Kodi Cache
- Enable Source Providers
- Uninstall & Reinstall the Addon
- Use a reliable internet connection
- Try lower resolution
- Try different sources
- Make sure the video source is available
- Do not use an outdated Kodi addon
- Use multiple addons
- Keep the addon up to date
- Clear providers and cache within the addon
- Increase provider time-out limit
- Uninstall and reinstall the Kodi media player
FAQs on Kodi No Stream Available
You could get this error message for a variety of reasons. It could be an issue with your device or simply a server problem at Kodi’s end. This guide covers several possibilities and solutions.
There are a bunch of things you could do. We have provided the solutions in this post. You are likely to get things working again.
Yes! Often, it is your ISP blocking the streams. They can be unblocked with a VPN (ExpressVPN recommended)
Yes! You will find various solutions in this post.
Wrapping up Kodi No Stream Availalble
Kodi No Stream Available error can be annoying. However, following the solutions provided here, you should be able to fix the problem easily. Let us know if these solutions resolve your issue. If you have any other solutions that have worked for you, we would love for you to share them with us in the comments section below. You may also visit the Kodi Community forum (click HERE)
How to Fix Buffering on FireStick
Best Tips for Kodi in 2024
Best Apps for FireStick in 2024
Best Live TV Apps for FireStick in 2024
Best VPN for FireStick
Install ExpressVPN on FireStick
How to Use Kodi on Chromecast