Hi, this is Nick and in this post, I will show you how to use and stream Kodi on Chromecast.
Chromecast is one of the most popular streaming devices. The device allows users to stream media files from Mobile to Television. This compact-sized device is quite powerful as it supports several streaming services and multiple devices. Today, we will guide you on how to use Kodi on Chromecast.
Unlike YouTube and other online streaming services, you can’t stream movies, TV shows, and other media files available on the Kodi platform through Chromecast. Setting up Kodi for Chromecast requires you to follow a few extra steps which are listed below:
You can use Kodi on Chromecast from your Android device and Computer System. We have prepared step-by-step instructions for both. Let’s get on to the instruction steps now!
How to use Kodi on Chromecast using Android?
You can stream Kodi content from Android to Chromecast with two different methods. When you want to stream Youtube, you just need to click on the Cast button to stream whatever you want to play on your Television using Chromecast. However, things are a bit different when you try to stream Kodi content from Android to Chromecast. For that, you need to follow a few extra steps listed below:
Method 1: Kodi on Chromecast using Android with Standard Method
1. Go to your Android phone’s Google Play Store and search for the Google Home App. On most Android devices, Google Home App comes as a default app. However, if your device doesn’t have this app installed, kindly go to the Play Store and install this app.
2. If your device already has the Google Home app installed, just click the Open button to launch the app.
3. To add a new device to your Google Home, click the + icon given at the upper left corner of the screen.
4. This option allows you to add a new Chromecast device to your Google Home app. Just select the Set up device option.
5. From the next screen, select the New Device option.
6. Now, Google Home will ask you what device you want to add? Just select the Chromecast option from here.
7. Google Home app will start searching for the available Chromecast device for you. If you already use Chromecast, then the device will be shown at the bottom of the display. Just select the available Chromecast device option from there.
8. From the next screen, select the Cast my Screen option given at the bottom side of the display.
9. The device will show you the warning message with an option to cast the screen. Select Cast screen option.
10. The next screen will further ask you to give your permission. Select Start Now option when asked.
11. The screen is now mirrored.
12. You can now start streaming Kodi from your Android to Chromecast. Just go to the Applications menu and select the Kodi app. Enjoy!
Now, the second method is a bit tricky as it requires you to install the third-party apps on your device first. You need to follow a few more extra steps than the previous method here. However, this method is quite easy and it saves your mobile phone’s battery.
The previous method requires you to keep the video content screen on. As soon as you close the screen, the streaming will be gone. This method consumes an extra battery as you have to keep the screen turned on. On the other hand, the second method requires no such things. You can keep the video streaming in the background. Let’s see the steps!
Method 2: Kodi on Chromecast using Android with Third-party Apps
This method requires you to download three different apps to your Android device. The following links will help you to download and install the required apps on your device.
Once you installed these files to your Android device, follow the below-given steps to stream Kodi on Chromecast using your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Total Commander App from your Android device.
2. Select the Search option to find the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file. You can find it under the Downloads folder on your device.
3. Long press the downloaded PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and select the Copy option.
4. Now, Go to: /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata and paste the copied file here in this folder.
5. The LocalCast app allows you to select the device you want to stream. This way, you can stream any content you want from the Kodi app on Chromecast using the Android device.
Now, if you want to use Kodi on Chromecast from your computer system, then there’s a straightforward method available for you. The following steps will show you how to stream media files from Kodi on Chromecast using your PC.
How to Stream Kodi on Chromecast using PC?
Since the Kodi app is available on the web, you can stream any content from the Kodi app to your Chromecast right from your PC. Yes, you can start streaming Kodi on Chromecast using your computer’s Google Chrome web browser. The following steps will show you to connect the Kodi app to Chromecast from your PC.
- Kodi Software/ app latest version
(You can download it from the official website)
- Google Chromecast Device
- Compatible data cable to connect Chromecast to TV
- Google Chrome Browser on your PC system (click HERE to download Chrome)
These things are required before you start following the below-given steps. Once you install the Kodi app and connect the Chromecast device to your Television, start following these steps.
1.Turn on your computer system and open the Google Chrome browser.
2. Click the three-lined button given at the upper right corner of the app. It is the main menu button of the Chrome browser.
3. From the main menu, select the Cast option.
4. As soon as you click the Cast option, you will see Cast to Desktop option there. Select this option from the given list.
5. The same menu will show you the available devices to cast the selected desktop. Just select the Cast Desktop once.
6. You’re done! Your computer’s screen is now mirrored and you can see it on the Television screen.
7. To start streaming content from the Kodi app, just open the Kodi app and search for your favorite movie. Start streaming it on your Television!
That’s all you have to do to stream Kodi on Chromecast using a PC system. No matter whether you use a Windows PC or a Mac system, you can easily stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and all the media files available on Kodi on Chromecast right from the Google Chrome web browser.
Kodi is widely popular among youngsters as the app allows them to manage their media library and stream the latest movies in full HD and even in 4K resolution. The free-to-use app is available for free for nearly all devices and PC systems.
To make the most of this app, you can follow the above-given methods to use the Kodi on Chromecast device. If you know of any other such methods to use Kodi on Chromecast, do let us know in the comments box given below this post!