Hi, this is Nick and in this post, I will show you how to get Disney Plus Chromecast streaming.
Gone are the days when you have to book tickets and go to the theatre to watch your favorite movies. You can now explore your favorite movies from the best online streaming platforms that are available for mobile and PC users on the web.
Disney has launched its own online streaming service called Disney+. The Disney+ app lets you explore and watch your favorite movies from anywhere with the help of a streaming device. It’s become one of the best streaming apps in the world with its huge library of movies, shows, animations, and more.
If you own a Chromecast device and wondering about whether you are allowed to stream Disney+ movies through a Chromecast device, then this guide is all about Disney Plus Chromecast casting. Everything you need to know about casting movies through Disney+ using Chromecast is given in this article.
For new users, it is essential to know about the streaming devices available in the market for easy access to the hub of movies and tv shows. Chromecast, Firestick, Apple TV, and many other popular streaming devices are present in the market for easy entertainment.
Being a Google product, Chromecast is the most popular among all of the available streaming device. There are many reasons behind the popularity of this device. The device is compatible with almost all the streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video.
The best thing about this device is Disney+ app users can also stream Disney+ movies through this device. With Chromecast, anyone can convert an ordinary TV into a smart TV.
If you are a frequent traveler and find an ordinary TV in your hotel room, then this handy device can help you to make it a smart TV and watch whatever you want through your Smartphone’s Internet Connectivity.
Now, many Chromecast Disney+ users are complaining about the “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device” error message. It is just because of the restriction by the Government.
If you live in a country where Disney+’s streaming is blocked, then you won’t be able to stream anything from the Disney+ app using a Chromecast device. Then you can use a reliable VPN service to stream such videos. A VPN service unblocks the restrictions by changing your current location and lets you stream such restricted contents.
Disney has launched this streaming service in a limited number of countries. If you live in a country where the service is not available, you will not be able to use the app or cast videos through Chromecast. However, with the help of the VPN service, you can explore the videos and can watch your favorite movies.
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- and many other more
These are the countries where the Disney+ service is available. You can use the web-based portal or a mobile app that is available for both Android and iOS mobile platforms to stream the content available on the platforms. More countries will be added in the coming days.
With the help of Android and iOS mobile devices, you can stream movies from the Disney+ app to your Television using a Chromecast device.
Besides this, you can also use the web portal of the platform to stream movies using Chromecast. We will also talk more about this method later in this article.
If you are curious to know more about how to watch Disney+ on Chromecast then this guide will help you to set up the device and to stream Disney+ movies and more quickly.
How to Watch Disney+ on Chromecast?
Note: This guide is prepared for the new users of the Chromecast device. If you’ve been using the device for a long, then you can quickly start casting through the Disney+ app by selecting the Cast button.
The process is divided into three different parts. The first part is to set up the Chromecast device, the second part is to open the Disney+ app and the third part is to start Disney Plus Chromecast casting. Let’s get on to the steps now!
Part 1: How do I Set up a Chromecast Device?
Many Chromecast users who have just bought this device are not aware of the setup process. To help them set up their Chromecast device for the first time, here we have prepared some steps which can help them set up the device easily.
Steps to Set up Chromecast Device
- Insert the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your Television. If your Television has multiple HDMI ports, we recommend you to insert the device into the first i.e. the Primary HDMI port.
- Plug the second end of the Chromecast device into the USB port of your Television or use an external adapter. This will provide the required power to the device.
- Once this is done, switch the TV to the HDMI input. You can use the TV’s Remote Control to do so.
- Now, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Chromecast device with your Home’s Wi-Fi router.
Note: To use a Chromecast device, fast and reliable Internet connectivity is required. Moreover, the device on which you are going to cast the Disney+ app must have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You can take full control of the Chromecast device and can easily configure it to your Home Wi-Fi network with the help of the Google Home app.
- If your device doesn’t have this app, you can download it from an appropriate store. For your convenience, here we have listed down the direct links for both Android and iOS devices.
Part 2: Working with the Help
Once the configuration process of the Google Chromecast device is done, head over to the Disney+ app. The following steps will give you more information about how you can log into your app.
- The first thing you need to do is installing the Disney+ app on a respective device. You can download and install the app on your Android or iOS device from the following links.
- Once you install the app on a respective device, go to the Apps menu and launch the app by tapping on its icon.
- Tap the three-lined button from the upper left corner.
- The system will ask you to log into your Disney+ account. (You have to buy a subscription plan to use its service. If you haven’t bought the subscription, explore the plans and choose one as per your needs.)
- You can log into your Disney+ account either by using the direct login option through Facebook or you can use your Cellphone number.
- Once you enter the login code, you will be logged into the app and can explore the movies and shows offered by the Disney+ platform.
Part 3: Disney Plus Chromecast Casting
Now, to watch any of your favorite movies or tv show on a Television through Chromecast from the Disney+ app, you just need to follow a few steps listed below.
- Since you have already logged in to the app, you can start direct casting through the app.
- Open the Disney+ app and select the program or the Movie that you want to stream.
- On the main screen, you will see the Casting option at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Cast button, the screen will show you the available Chromecast device to cast the selected video. Tap on to the name of the Casting device i.e. your Chromecast device.
- The system will take a few seconds to complete the connection. Once the connection is established, the streaming will begin on the Television’s screen.
Note: You can control the casting using the built-in casting and stop-casting option on the Disney+ app or you can use the Google Home app. The Google Home app will give you more control to use the Chromecast device. You can control the voice or can stop casting the video using this app.
Now, if you want to watch movies from the Disney+ app through its web-portal, then here’s the step-by-step tutorial for you. The following steps will help you cast movies and shows from the Disney Plus web portal to a Television.
Note: While casting movies from Disney+’s web portal from your Computer system, make sure that your computer system is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network that the Chromecast device is connected to. If not, then you won’t be able to cast videos from the Disney+ web portal to a Television.
How to Watch Disney+ on Chromecast using Computer?
The instruction steps are different for streaming or casting videos of Disney+ on Chromecast using a Computer. Let’s see how it is done!
- The first thing you need to check here is the network’s availability. Make sure that your computer system and the Chromecast device are connected under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, go to the official website of Disney+ and login there using your login credentials. You can use the Facebook option or can get the verficiation code on your cellphone to login.
- Once you are logged in, you would be presented with the different categories of movies, shows, cartoons, and more. Explore the available categories to pick the movie you want to watch on Chromecast.
- Select the movie and click the Watch Movie button from the screen.
- Once the movie starts, click the three-lined button from the upper right corner of your Chromecast browser. This will open up the settings menu.
- From the given menu, select the Cast option.
- A small Window of the Cast Tab will be popped-up there. The small window will show you the name of the connected Chromecast device.
- Just click on the name of the Chromecast device. The system will take a few seconds to start streaming the movie selected by you. You can click the same option to stop casting.
- If you don’t see the name of the connected Chromecast device, then you have to recheck the network connection of both devices. If the devices are not connected to the same network, then you won’t be able to cast things on a computer system.
This is how you can cast movies and shows off the Disney+ platform on Chromecast using a computer system. Google Chrome directly supports the casting of movies and videos through the built-in Cast function. You can follow the same steps to cast videos from YouTube and many other video hosting platforms.
Disney Plus Chromecast Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Disney+ app supports Chromecast casting. You can easily stream Disney+ videos from your Smartphone to your Television using a Chromecast device. The instruction steps are given above with the screenshots.
If for any reason, the Disney+ app doesn’t let you cast videos on Chromecast, make sure you clear the cache memory of the app. Restarting the device will also help resolve this issue. You have to clear the cache memory and the data of the Disney+ app as well as the default Google Home app to resolve such minor issues.
If the Cast icon is not present on the main screen of the Disney+ app, then you need to check the Internet connection first. Make sure that the mobile device and the Chromecast device both are connected on the same Wi-Fi network.
If you use the mobile data on a mobile device and Wi-Fi network on the Chromecast device, then you won’t be able to see the Cast icon on the Disney+ app.
Of course. You can use Windows or Mac systems to cast Disney+ on Chromecast. You have to use the Google Chrome web browser to do so. More instructions are given in the above tutorial where we have listed down the steps that will help you cast Disney+ on Chromecast through your Macbook system.
If you own a Smart TV, then you don’t have to use the Chromecast device. Thankfully, the Disney+ app comes as a built-in entertainment app on many Smart TVs across the globe. This means you can cast the Movies and Shows available on the Disney+ platform directly through the Disney+ app on a Smart TV.
Chromecast is undoubtedly the most powerful device for entertainment seekers who travel to different locations or having a normal LED and not the SmartTV. We have listed down everything about Disney Plus Chromecast streaming in this article. The article is prepared for all types of audiences, be it a new Chromecast user or an existing one.
For the best experience, we recommend you use a high-speed Internet connection. Disney+ platform is known for its high-quality movies and videos that are visually rich. Follow the tutorial and the given guidelines and start streaming your favorite Disney+ movies on a big Television using a Chromecast device.