In this post, you will find the instructions to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV and FireStick.
Mouse Toggle is an application that enables a mouse-like pointer on your Fire TV Stick screen. You can control the pointer with your physical Amazon Fire TV remote. Mouse Toggle is a handy tool for FireStick apps that are not completely remote-friendly.
All the apps you download from the official Amazon Store are fully compatible with the remote. However, there are some apps that are mainly designed for touch devices (smartphones and tablets) and do not offer remote support on your TV.
Related Post: How to fix firestick remote issues
Suggested Post: How to prevent buffering on FireStick
You can download the Mouse Toggle app for Fire Stick or Fire TV and navigate such apps with the mouse pointer. In fact, you can even use Mouse Toggle with the apps that are remote-compatible.
We have added a special troubleshooting section if Mouse Toggle for FireStick is not working for you.
Also, Mouse Toggle requires ADB Debugging to be ON for it to work. You will find the instructions to do that in the How to Set Up and Use Mouse Toggle section
Tip! Mouse Toggle works only with the physical remote and not the Amazon Fire TV Remote App.
How to Install Mouse Toggle on FireStick & Fire TV (Quick Steps without images)
Your IP address 18.104.22.168 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
I am providing the quick steps to install Mouse Toggle on FireStick. If you want detailed steps with images, you may skip to the next section.
- Go to Find > Search from FireStick home screen
- Search for the Downloader app and follow the on-screen instructions to install it
- After installing the Downloader app, go to FireStick Settings from the home screen
- Click My Fire TV
- Click Developer Options
- Click Install Unknown Apps or Apps from Unknown Sources (on older Fire OS versions)
- Click Downloader and enable it (by turning it ON)
- Now, open the Downloader app
- Enter the following URL: toptvtricks.com/m4k (if this mouse toggle version doesn’t work, try toptvricks.com/mt)
- Wait for the APK to download
- Click INSTALL
- Click DONE when the app is installed
- Go back to FireStick Settings
- Go to My Fire TV
- Click Developer Options
- Click ADB Debugging and turn it ON
How to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV & FireStick (Screenshot Tutorial)
Even though Mouse Toggle is a great utility tool, it cannot be downloaded from the Amazon Store. You must sideload it. Therefore, there are a couple of things you must first do before installing the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV APK onto your device:
- Install the Downloader app (this app sideloads APKs on FireStick)
- Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
The instructions below include the steps to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources and to get the Downloader app from the Amazon Store, followed by the steps to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV:
1. Navigate to Find > Search on the home screen
2. Type Downloader and click it
3. Pick Downloader from the following search results
4. You may now download the Downloader app to sideload FireStick Mouse Toggle app
5. Once the Downloader app has been installed, go to the FireStick home screen and navigate to Settings
6. Choose My Fire TV
7. Click Developer Options
8. Click Install Unknown Apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
Tip! While you are here, also enable ADB Debugging (required for Mouse Toggle to work)
9. Enable Downloader (turn it ON)
10. Hold down the Home button on your remote until the following window appears
11. Now, launch the Downloader app
12. Get rid of the prompts that are displayed on the first run (if they appear at all)
Click the URL box
13. Type the following URL using the onscreen keypad
If Mouse Toggle doesn’t work for you from this URL, use the alternative URL:
The first URL usually works on all the devices. However, it has been reported to have issues on older devices like FireStick 2nd Generation.
Tip 1! The URLs here are not case sensitive. You can type them any way you like (such as TopTVTricks.com/M4K)
Tip 2! I use the Remote App for FireStick/Fire TV to easily type the long URLs
14. Hit GO when you have typed the URL and wait for the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV APK to download
15. After the Mouse Toggle APK is downloaded, click INSTALL
16. Let the app install
17. Click Open on the App Installed screen to run the Mouse Toggle app
How to use Mouse Toggle for Fire TV/FireStick
You need to configure FireStick by turning on ADB Debugging in the Settings. If you haven’t done that already, follow these steps:
1. Select Settings when you are on the home screen of FireStick
2. Open My Fire TV
3. Click Developer Options
4. Click ADB Debugging if it is disabled/OFF and turn it ON
Mouse Toggle Interface: Overview
Press down the Home key on your remote. In a couple of seconds, this window is displayed on your FireStick. Click Apps
Scroll down and open the Mouse Toggle app
This is the home screen (and the only screen) of Mouse Toggle for Fire TV.
By default, the following options are enabled:
- Enable the mouse service
- Auto start the mouse service on device start-up
Tip! While you must keep Enable the mouse service switched on all the time in order to use Mouse Toggle, I suggest keeping Auto start the mouse service on device start-up enabled as well so that you don’t have to manually turn it on every time you restart FireStick.
As the Mouse Toggle is ready for use, the Status option at the bottom would be ‘started’. However, I have noticed that Mouse Toggle works even when the Status keeps saying ‘starting’.
If it won’t work for you, refer to the next section about How to Fix Mouse Toggle not Working
Activate & use Mouse Toggle
Activate the mouse pointer by rapidly pressing the Play/Pause key on your Fire TV remote. Here is how you use it:
- Press the up/down or left/right buttons on the navigation ring of your FireStick remote to move the mouse pointer/cursor to the desired spot on the screen
- Press the OK button on your remote to click (OK button is the circular button surrounded by the navigation ring. Some also call it the Select key)
How to scroll?
While you can easily maneuver the Mouse Toggle on FireStick with navigation ring, scrolling gets a little tricky.
Here is how you do it:
- Hold down the OK button and the navigation ring button corresponding to the direction in which you scroll (left/right or up/down)
- For instance, to scroll down, press the down button on the navigation ring while holding down the OK button
Deactivate Mouse Toggle to resume normal remote functions
If you want to turn off the Mouse Toggle pointer and start using the FireStick remote normally, here is what you can do:
- Press the Play/Pause key on the remote once and press any button on the navigation ring (up/down or left/right)
- Press the Back button on the remote once followed by any button on the navigation ring
Mouse Toggle for Fire TV / FireStick not working?
Remember that Mouse Toggle does not work on any native screens of Fire TV or FireStick. You must have an app screen open to activate it.
- For instance, you cannot bring up the mouse pointer on the home screen of FireStick.
- Also, some apps may not respond to Mouse Toggle clicks (such as Netflix)
- This tool is best used with the third-party apps that are not compatible with your Fire TV Remote
Here are some of the things you can try to get Mouse Toggle working for you.
Solution 1: Change the display settings
Sometimes, the display settings of FireStick prevent the mouse pointer from being displayed. Follow these steps to fix it:
1. Select Settings > Display & Sounds from your FireStick home screen
2. Click Display
3. Choose Video Resolution
4. Change the resolution to 1080p 50Hz
Solution 2: Disable/Enable ADB Debugging
This usually works for me. Here are the steps:
1: Open the Mouse Toggle Fire TV app
Turn off the option Enable the Mouse Service
Turn off Auto start the mouse service on device start-up
2: Restart FireStick (Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart)
3: Wait for the device to restart
Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options
Turn off ADB Debugging
4: Wait for a minute
Turn on ADB Debugging again
5: Open the Mouse Toggle app
Turn on the following again:
- Enable the Mouse Service
- Auto start the mouse service on device start-up
Press the Play/Pause key on the remote twice and check if Mouse Toggle is working
Solution 3: Uninstall/Reinstall Mouse Toggle
If none of the solutions above work, uninstall and reinstall the Mouse Toggle app for Fire TV.
- Hold down the Home key on the remote and click Apps
- Select Mouse Toggle
- Press the menu button on the remote
- Click Uninstall on the popup menu on your TV
- Follow the steps in this guide to install Mouse Toggle again
How to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV & FireStick (Video Tutorial)
FAQs Mouse Toggle for Fire TV / FireStick
Mouse Toggle is a utility app that lets you navigate and use those third-party apps on FireStick that are not compatible with your physical remote.
When activated, Mouse Toggle will display a pointer on your screen. You can maneuver the pointer with your physical remote
Yes! Mouse Toggle FireStick app is completely free.
You can use Mouse Toggle with any third-party FireStick apps. However, it may not work with the official apps downloaded from the Amazon Store.
Winding Up Mouse Toggle Fire TV
So, here is the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV for you. It is a wonderful utility to use the touch-friendly app that cannot be navigated using the normal functions of the physical remote. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below.
Install Nova TV APK FireStick
Viva TV APK FireStick
Best Tips for Kodi
FireStick Won’t Turn on
2 thoughts on “How to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV & Fire Stick”
My mouse stuff isn’t working
Apologies for the late reply. I was under the weather.
Where exactly are you getting stuck?