Hi, this is Nick, and in this guide, I have laid out instructions on how to clear Kodi cache on Kodi 18.
The step-by-step instructions will help you clear the cache on any device you use Kodi on. This includes FireStick, Nvidia Shield, any Android TV, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android Mobiles, iOS, Raspberry Pi, and more.
Kodi is a widely used media player that lets you stream your favorite content, such as Movies, Shows, Live TV, and more. You can watch a variety of videos with Kodi addons like Exodus & Exodus Redux, Venom, DeathStar, Tempest, etc.
Like any other app, Kodi also requires maintenance and upkeep from time to time. Clearing the Kodi cache is one of the maintenance activities you should carry out regularly for smoother performance.
You may also want to read: How to fix Kodi No Stream Available
Clearing the cache is easy and this post will guide you through it.
What is Kodi Cache?
Kodi Cache is where temporary data from the Kodi app is stored to make the streaming process faster during the playback. However, even though the cache is supposed to be temporary, Kodi and other streaming apps tend to keep the cache from the previous playbacks. This piles up and often results in slow performance, no streams issue on Kodi, and other issues.
Why should you clear Kodi Cache?
Kodi is an excellent app to stream movies, TV shows, sports and so much more. However, sometimes you may face constant buffering, hanging issues with Kodi. The cache data cause Kodi to stop functioning properly.
One of the most common issues caused by big cached data is that your Kodi starts acting sluggish –It can be slow to respond to commands or even navigate, and that is when you know you need to clear the Kodi cache. Also, clearing the Kodi cache routinely will make your Kodi faster and more responsive.
Clearing the Kodi cache is the best way to clean temporary data and speed up your device. It can fix many technical issues and is often the best solution if you are facing playback or buffering issues on Kodi. And you can clear the cache on Kodi in almost no time.
How to Clear Kodi Cache
Although there are multiple ways to clear Kodi cache, in this article, I will share three easy ways to do that.
The first two methods are for FireStick and Android TV (Nvidia Shield, Mi Box, etc.). The third method works on any device, including Android Mobiles, iOS, Windows, Mac, as well as FireStick and Android TV.
1) Clear Kodi Cache on FireStick
Since the FireStick has limited storage, if you are using Kodi on your FireStick, it is a great idea to regularly clear cache on FireStick. Clearing the cache on FireStick or Fire TV devices is fairly easy; just follow the steps given below:
1. Turn on your FireStick
2. From the home screen, head over to Settings located on the main menu
3. Scroll to the right and click Applications
4. Then, click Manage Installed Applications
5. In the next window, you will be presented with a list of all your installed applications. Scroll down and highlight Kodi. You will be able to see the cache size on the right side of the screen.
6. Click on Kodi
7. Scroll down and click Clear Cache. It will delete all temporary data.
2) Kodi Clear Cache on Nvidia Shield, Mi Box, Android TV
Just like FiresTick, you can clear the cache on Nvidia Shield or any other Android TV OS device from the device settings. Of course, since the interface of an Android TV is different from FireStick, the steps are also a little different.
1. From the Nvidia Shield or Android TV home screen, click Settings in the top-right corner
2. In the popup menu on the right, click Apps
3. Scroll down and click Kodi
4. Click Clear Cache
5. Click OK to clear the Kodi cache
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Download the ExpressVPN app on your device
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
3) Clear Kodi Cache on Any Device (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, etc.)
Kodi doesn’t offer any built-in feature to clear the cache. Therefore, I am showing you another way you can clear the Kodi cache if you are using Kodi on a computer (Windows and Mac).
This method involves installing the EzzerMacs Wizard on Kodi. The EzzerMacs Wizard has various maintenance features such as clear cache, which will keep Kodi functioning without any difficulty.
While this process is a bit lengthier as compared to the FireStick clear cache one, it is still easy if you follow the steps thoroughly.
Here are the steps to clear cache using EzzerMacs Wizard:
1. Launch Kodi
2. Enable Unknown Sources if not already. Here’s how you do it:
a. From the home screen, click Settings
b. Click System
c. Click Add-ons >Unknown Sources
d. Then, click Yes.
3. Now, return to the Kodi home screen and go to Settings (the cog icon)
4. Choose File Manager
5. Click Add Source
6. Then, click <None>
7. Enter the below URL exactly:
And click OK
8. Enter a name of your choice for this media source. I am writing Ezzer
9. Click OK again
10. Come back to Kodi Settings Screen and click on the Add-ons folder
11. Click Install From Zip File
12. Click on Ezzer or the name you entered in Step 8.
13. Click repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
14. Wait until you see EzzerMacs Wizard Repository Add-on installed message
15. Now, click Install from Repository
16. Click EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
17. Click on Program Add-ons
18. Then, click EzzerMac Wizard
19. Click the Install button at the bottom right corner
21. Wait until you see EzzerMac Wizard Add-on installed message
22. Return to Kodi Home Screen and then click Add-ons
23. Highlight Program add-ons on the left and then click EzzerMac Wizard on the right
24. Click Maintenance
25. Click Delete Cache Button
26. Click Clear Cache
27. Wait for the process to complete, you will see a notification on screen with the number of files removed. That’s all! Your Kodi cache is now removed!
So, this is how you clear Kodi Cache is easy. The third method used in this guide can be used to clear the cache on any device you are using Kodi on. I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback. The comments section below is open.
Install Kodi from the official website
How to install Venom addon on Kodi
How to install Deathstar addon on Kodi
Install Kodi Bae Repository
Install Lazy Kodi Repository
How to fix FireStick Buffering issues