This guide will provide you detailed steps to install Uranus addon on Kodi 18. You can use these steps on all other Kodi supported devices such as Fire TV Cube, FireStick, mobiles, Android TV Boxes, PC (Windows & Mac) and more.
Uranus is a video-on-demand add-on available on Kodi. It was shut down some time ago but now it is back again – and is better than before. The revamped version has an extensive collection of all the latest movies and TV Shows.
The content is now updated regularly too. Uranus has a user-friendly interface and pulls in high quality streaming links.
Now, the addon also allows Real Debrid integration; this will give you access to tons of high-quality links for the buffer-free streaming experience. We have also given the steps to set-up Real-Debrid within Uranus addon later in the guide.
Kodi Uranus Addon Installation Pre-requisites
Since Uranus is not a part of the official Kodi Repository, we need to allow Unknown Sources on Kodi. Here is how you do it:
1. Launch Kodi on your device
2. From Home Screen of Kodi, go to the Settings (the gear icon) on the top left corner of the screen.
3. Click System.
4. On the next window, click Add-ons >Unknown Sources
5. When you click the toggle switch, you will get a prompt on the screen. Go ahead and click Yes.
How to install Uranus Addon on Kodi 18
Now that we have enabled Unknown Sources, let’s get to installing Uranus. Follow the steps provided below to install Uranus Addon on Kodi:
1. Press the Escape or the Backspace key to go back to the Kodi home screen and go to Settings (the gear icon) again.
2. On the next window, click File Manager
3. Next, double-click on Add Source
4. A new dialog box will pop up on your screen, click where it says <None>.
5. Enter the URL provided below correctly:
Check for any errors and then click Ok
6. Next, enter a name for the media source. I am going with Cy4. Hit Ok.
7. Click Ok again
8. Head back to the Settings screen and click Add-ons.
9. Next, click on Install From Zip File.
10. Select Cy4 or the media source name you had entered before.
11. Click on repository.cy4root-master.zip
12. Wait for a few seconds; you will see a notification at the far top right corner of your screen that reads cy4root Repository add-on installed.
13. Click Install From Repository.
14. Click on cy4root Repository
15. Next, click Video Add-ons.
16. Click on Uranus
17. On the next window click the Install button at the bottom right corner.
18. A box will pop up showing all the add-ons that will be installed along with Uranus, click OK.
19. At this point, you should see the Uranus addon getting downloaded onto your Kodi.
20. Wait for the Add-on installed notification to appear at the top right corner of the screen
You have now successfully installed Uranus Addon on Kodi.
Overview of Uranus Addon
To launch the Uranus add-on:
From the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Video add-ons and then click on Uranus
Upon launch, you will the Updates and Information window. Click X to close it.
Here is the main screen of Uranus add-on:
The categories are well-organized; you may click on each one of them to start exploring the content.
Uranus also has a Search button and other settings in the Tools sections.
How to set up Real Debrid on Uranus
Real-Dedrid lets you stream better quality streaming links including several 4K links. Here, I am providing you the quick steps to set up Real Debrid on Uranus.
Note: We also have a guide on How to set up Real Debrid on Kodi with detailed instructions.
1. From the main screen of the Uranus Kodi addon, scroll down and click Tools
2. Next, click Settings: General
3. Click on Providers on the left, and then click the toggle switch next to Enable Debrid Providers
4. After that, click Accounts on the left and then click ResolveURL Settings
5. Click on Universal Resolvers on the left side of the screen, then scroll down on the middle part of the screen and go to the Real Debrid section. Click (Re)Authorize My Account
6. There will be a dialog box with a code on the Kodi screen
7. Go to https://real-debrid.com/device on a browser
8. Enter the code correctly and click Continue authorize Real Debrid within Uranus
8. You will see Application allowed notification on the browser, which means you will now see Real-debrid links within Uranus.
FAQs for Uranus Kodi Addon
Uranus is a Video-on-demand addon that gives us access to unlimited Movies, TV Shows and a lot more.
Streaming pirated content can cause legal trouble, so we recommend streaming videos available in the public domain.
You can watch on-demand content like Movies and TV Shows with Uranus addon.
Yes, downloading content is possible with Uranus. All you have to do is allow Downloads option in settings within Uranus add-on. However, downloading on low-storage capacity devices like FireStick is not recommended.
After Uranus Kodi addon was revived by Cy4root Repository, it has been working extremely well. I would say even better than before. It has an enormous database of the latest movies and TV shows and the content is also regularly updated. And the Real-Debrid addition is certainly a big plus.
Give this add-on a try and let us know your experience in the comments section below. Feel free to reach out to us if you face any trouble installing or using the Uranus add-on.