In this tutorial, I will discuss the detailed steps to install Covenant addon on Kodi 18. It can be installed on all other Kodi supported devices such as Fire TV Cube, FireStick, Android TV Boxes, Windows, Mac, and more.
Covenant is known as one of the most popular video-on-demand add-ons available on Kodi. It has an exhaustive library of the popular and latest movies and TV Shows. And the best part is that new and fresh content gets added regularly to the library.
Covenant has a simple and user-friendly interface. It pulls in high quality streaming links rather quickly.
The addon also allows Real Debrid and Trakt integration, which can significantly improve your streaming experience. We have also provided the quick steps to set-up Real-Debrid within Covenant addon later in the guide.
Owing to its extensive media library and ability to pull high quality streaming links, we have added it to our list of Best Kodi Addons in 2020.
Kodi Covenant Addon Installation Pre-requisites
Since Covenant is not a part of the official Kodi Repository, we need to make some changes in the Settings of the app so that we can install add-ons that are from third-party or Unknown Sources. Here are the steps you need to follow to allow Unknown Sources on Kodi:
1. Launch Kodi on your device
2. From Home Screen of Kodi, go to the Settings (the gear icon) on the top left corner of the screen.
3. Click System.
4. On the next window, click Add-ons >Unknown Sources
5. You will get a prompt on the screen. Go ahead and click Yes.
How to install Covenant Addon on Kodi 18
Installing Covenant is easy and will only take a couple of minutes. Simply follow the steps provided below to install Covenant Addon on Kodi 18:
1. Return to the Kodi home screen and go to Settings (the gear icon) again.
2. On the next screen, click File Manager
3. Next, double-click on the Add Source
4. A new dialog box will pop up on your screen, click where it says <None>.
5. Enter the URL provided below exactly without any error:
If the above URL does not work, use this alternate URL:
Check for any mistakes and then click Ok
6. Next, click on the tab that is underneath “Enter a name for this media source” and give it a name. I am writing Covenant. Hit OK.
7. Click OK again
8. Go back to the Settings screen and click Add-ons.
9. Next, click on Install From Zip File.
10. Select Covenant or the media source name you had provided before.
11. Click on repository.covenant-0.1.zip (the version number may be different)
12. Wait for a few seconds; you will see a notification at the far top right corner of your screen that reads add-on installed.
13. Click Install From Repository.
14. Click on Covenant Repository
15. Next, click Video Add-ons.
16. Click on Covenant
17. On the next window click the Install button at the bottom right corner.
18. A box will pop up showing all the add-ons that will be installed along with Covenant, click OK.
19. At this point, you should see the Covenant addon getting downloaded onto your Kodi.
20 Wait for the Add-on installed notification to appear at the top right corner of the screen
You have now successfully installed Covenant Addon on Kodi.
Overview of Covenant Addon
Here’s how you launch Covenant add-on:
1. From the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Video add-ons
2. Click on Covenant
Upon your first launch, you will the Updates and Information window. Click X to close it.
Here is the main screen of Covenant add-on:
The categories are well-organized and are self-explanatory. Go ahead and click on each one of them to start exploring the content.
Covenant also features a Search button and other General Settings in the Tools sections.
How to set up Real Debrid on Covenant
Real-Dedrid will grant you access to better quality streaming links including several 4K links. Here, I am providing you the quick steps to set up Real Debrid on Covenant.
Note: We also have a guide on How to set up Real Debrid on Kodi with detailed instructions to set up and use Real-Debrid on Kodi and FireStick Apps.
1. From the main screen of the Kodi Covenant addon, scroll down a bit and go to Tools
2. Next, click Resolve Settings
3. On the left-hand side of the screen, click on Universal Resolvers
Then on the middle part of the screen, go to the Real-Debrid section. You will have to scroll down quite a bit. And click (Re)Authorise My Account
4. There will be a dialog box on the screen with a code
5. On a browser, go to https://real-debrid.com/device
6. Enter the code displayed on your Kodi screen correctly and click Continue authorize Real Debrid within Covenant
7. You will see Application allowed notification on the browser, which means Real-debrid within Covenant addon has been authorized.
FAQs for Covenant Kodi Addon
Covenant is a Video-on-demand addon that offers unlimited Movies, TV Shows and Documentaries.
Streaming copyrighted or pirated content can land you in legal trouble, so make sure you only stream videos available in the public domain.
You will be able to watch Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries and more with Covenant addon.
Yes, you can download content with Covenant. To do so, you need to allow Downloads option in Covenant addon’s settings. However, downloading on low-storage capacity devices like Amazon FireStick is not recommended.
Covenant Kodi addon has been around for quite some time and has gained immense popularity among Kodi users. It has an enormous database of movies and TV shows and the content is updated time to time. The quality of streaming links is decent even without Real-Debrid.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t try this add-on. Let us know your experience with this addon in the comments section below. Feel free to write to us if you face any difficulty installing or using the Covenant add-on.