Hi, this is Nick and In this guide, you will learn how to set up and use Trakt on FireStick as well as Kodi. You can use the Trakt on any of your favorite devices such as Fire TV Cube, Kodi Box, Mi Box, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Box, Apple TV, and many more.
Trakt is the most popular media tracking service that helps keep track of movies and TV shows that you watch across several platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more. It dramatically enhances your streaming experience by enabling automatic scrobbling.
It also makes it easy to find new movies and TV shows based on your watch-history and interests. It supports thousands of apps and devices.
Trakt also has VIP plans, offering features such as no ads, advanced filtering, year in review, list cloning, and more.
By integrating Trakt into your favorite streaming apps and platforms, you will be able to manage your content easily! Therefore, I highly recommend using Trakt with supported streaming platforms.
Your IP address 184.108.40.206 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
What is Trakt and why do you need it?
Trakt is a popular media tracking service. It tracks the movies and TV shows that you stream, making your streaming experience a lot more enjoyable.
Trakt runs in the background and syncs all your streaming activities. It will gradually learn your interests by tracking your watch-history and recommend movies and TV shows as per that.
Benefits of Trakt:
- Automatically scrobbles what you are watching
- A complete history of all the things that you have watched
- Add TV show and movie to your collections
- Recommendation engine suggests the latest TV shows and movies based on your previous watch history
- Works with several FireStick APKs, Kodi addons, and streaming platforms.
- It allows multiple devices to connect.
In case you use multiple FireStick APK, Kodi addon or streaming platform to watch content, Trakt will automatically sync everything that you are watching, making sure you do not need to repeat it. This process is known as scrobbling and it comes really handy, especially if you use more than one streaming service to watch your favorite content.
How to sign up for Trakt (Signup steps and Pricing for VIP Plans)
First, we will go through the signup process, and then we will take a look at the VIP plans price.
Trakt Signup process
Trakt sign-up process is fairly easy and will just take a couple of minutes. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. On a browser, visit https://trakt.tv
2. Click on JOIN TRAKT FOR FREE
3. Enter the necessary information in their respective field. You could also use your Twitter, Facebook, and Google account to sign up by clicking on the tabs here.
5. Provide details like Display Name, Location, Gender, Birthday, etc. to personalize your profile and then click on NEXT STEP.
6. Choose your favorite streaming services that you use and then click on NEXT STEP.
7. Choose your preferred genres and after that click on NEXT STEP. It helps Trakt to recommend content to you.
8. In the next step, you can mark movies and TV shows by clicking the following buttons:
9. And then click on NEXT STEP.
10. Share your activities automatically on social media of your choice. If you don’t want that, do not select any of them and just click on NEXT STEP.
11. Here, you may opt to get real-time notifications when someone follows, likes, comments, or mentions you on your Trakt account. Next, just click on CONTINUE TO DASHBOARD.
12. It will take you to your Trakt account dashboard.
Once you have signed up, you can integrate Trakt to your favorite streaming apps, add-ons and services.
Trakt VIP Pricing
If you wish to have more features on Trakt such as no-ads, Year Review, Advance filtering, etc., you can subscribe to preferred Trakt VIP plans. Here are the Trakt VIP plans you can pick from:
$2.50/month – All VIP features
$5/month – All VIP Features + Executive Producer Credit
To subscribe, click the VIP tab from the top menu panel of your dashboard. Trakt allows payment through PayPal, debit, and credit cards.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to Set up Trakt with FireStick apps
Trakt is supported on several FireStick APKs like Cinema HD, CyberFlix HD, TVZion, BeeTV, Nova TV, and more.
You need to integrate your Trakt account on each app separately.
In this guide, I am showing you how to authorize Trakt on the Cinema HD app. However, the process is pretty much the same for all the FireStick apps.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch the Cinema HD app
2. From the home screen of Cinema HD, click the Hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) located at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and click on Settings
4. Scroll down quite a bit until you reach the Trakt section. And then click on Login to Trakt TV
5. You will see an authorization code on your Cinema HD screen
6. Now, visit a browser on a different device, and then go to https://trakt.tv/activate
7. Enter the authorization code here and click on CONTINUE
8. After that, a prompt will appear asking “Allow cinema to use your account?” Click YES
9. You will see “Your device is now connected” notification on the browser
10. The Trakt login status on the Cinema app would change to ‘Trakt-Tv authorized’
That’s all Trakt is now authorized within Cinema HD app. You may simply start streaming and Trakt will run in the background.
How to Set up Trakt with Kodi Addons
Not all Kodi addons are compatible with Trakt, therefore I recommend checking the features of the add-on before installation to ensure it supports Trakt. Luckily, most popular addons including Exodus Redux, Exodus, Venom, Covenant support Trakt TV.
For demonstration purposes, in this guide, I am showing you how you can authorize Trakt on Exodus Redux Kodi addon. The process is similar in most other add-ons that support Trakt.
1. From your Kodi main-screen and go to Add-ons > Video add-ons. You will be presented with a full list of installed video addons.
2. Click on Exodus Redux
3. From the home screen of Exodus Redux, scroll down a bit and click on Tools
4. Click on SETTINGS: Accounts
5. Highlight Accounts on the left menu bar and then under Trakt section, click on Authorization…
6. You will see a Trakt authorization code on your Kodi screen
7. On a browser, visit https://trakt.tv/activate
8. Enter the code displayed on your Kodi screen and then click on CONTINUE
9. When prompted with “Allow ExodusRedux to use your account?” Click YES
10. You will see a notification saying the “Device is now connected”.
11. When Trakt is authorized within the Exodus Redux add-on, you will see your Trakt account name under the Trakt section. That’s all, you may now start streaming.
How To Use Trakt to Customize your Streaming Experience
Using Trakt is fairly easy and convenient. Now, let’s see how you can use and manage content on Trakt after you have authorized Trakt within your favorite FireStick APK or Kodi add-on. Now, there are a couple of ways to do that.
Well, the best way is to visit the trakt.tv website. Simply log in to your Trakt account, it offers you several options to manage media easily. As mentioned earlier, here are the options you get:
The Trakt website has a variety of features. You could search for a title and add it to your Collection or Watchlist. It also has categories like Popular, Trending, and more, which helps you find new movies and TV shows. You will find them by visiting the Movies and TV tab from the top menu panel.
When you add a show to your Trakt collection, you will be notified when the next episode comes out. You can also review the titles Trakt has recommended for you here.
Manage Trakt via a Kodi add-on
To manage Trakt within Kodi, select a title of your choice, and then do one of the following things:
- Press the Menu button (3 horizontal lines) on your FireStick remote
- Hold down the OK/ Select button on your FireStick remote for a few seconds
- Right-click with mouse
- Press the C key of your keyboard
A shortcut item settings menu will come up, click on Trakt Manager
You will see various options here. You could add it to your Collection or Watchlist as per your wish.
How to Find Your Trakt Movies and TV Shows Collections in Kodi Addons
In this example, I am choosing Exodus Redux. This is similar in all Trakt supported Kodi addons.
1. Open Exodus Redux addon by clicking Kodi Home-screen> Add-ons > Video add-ons
2. From the main screen, click on My Movies (for movies) or My TV Shows (for TV shows)
3. Click on Collection
4. Here, you will see the list of movies or shows that you have added to your Trakt collection. All you need to do is just click on the title to start streaming.
You may also check your Watchlist, History, Featured Lists, and more from here.
Trakt on FireStick and Kodi allows you to track your media via automatic scrobbling. It syncs with all your devices and streaming platforms, making your streaming experience truly enjoyable. The best part is that it works with a variety of FireStick APKs as well as Kodi addons. I suggest you give it a try!