Hi, this is Nick. Wondering how to Chromecast HBO Max on a TV? You will find the detailed instructions in this guide; starting from how to sign up and connect HBO Max on Chromecast are given in this article.
Out of all the available streaming devices for Standard Televisions, Google’s Chromecast is everyone’s favorite one. It was the first device that lets users convert their standard LED and LCD Television into a Smart Television.
Google has recently announced a bundle offer for the new consumers who wish to buy the Chromecast device. You can get a free subscription to HBO Max along with the Chromecast.
Basically, there are two ways with which a user can chromecast HBO on a TV. For the convenience of the users, we have prepared step-by-step instruction guidelines for both methods here.
Before we jump on to the methods for connecting the HBO Max on a TV using Chromecast, let’s collect some useful information about this popular streaming service.
What is HBO Max?
HBO Max is an on-demand streaming service for American users. This American Only streaming service is getting more and more popular as it offers unlimited entertainment at reasonable rates. You can watch your favorite TV Shows, Movies, Latest Movies, Past TV Shows, and more from this service.
Since Chromecast is used by millions of Americans, they can now stream HBO Max using Chromecast on a big Television. You can purchase a suitable subscription plan to start exploring the exclusive content available on the platform. Let’s discuss the subscription plans.
HBO Max Plans and Pricing
HBO Max streaming service is available for free to those who have a cable connection. You need to use Xfinity credentials while creating an account on HBO Max for free access.
However, if you do not have a cable connection and still want to explore the content library of HBO Max can go for the premium subscription.
Click HERE to buy HBO Max Subscription if you don’t have one.
The premium plan of HBO Max starts at $9.99. All the required information about the available subscription plans is given on their official website.
Those who have a Smart TV can easily install the HBO Max app and start using this service. However, some Smart TVs don’t include this app and they have to go for external devices such as Google Chromecast, Amazon FireStick, etc.
If you have already subscribed to HBO Max and now looking to expanding your entertainment territory using Chromecast, then follow the below-given steps.
Prerequisites to Chromecast HBO Max on a TV
Here is the checklist:
- Chromecast Device or Chromecast App
- HBO Max App
- Chrome Browser
- Stable Internet Connection
- Active Subscription of HBO Max
How to Chromecast HBO Max on a TV
In this section, you will find the two methods to chromecast HBO Max on a TV.
Method 1: Chromecast HBO Max using a Smartphone
HBO Max app is a ready-to-cast app. Once you install the app on a respective Android or iOS device, you can easily start streaming the contents from HBO Max to your Television with the built-in Chromecast support.
- First, you have to connect the Chromecast device to the Television. Make sure that your Smartphone and the Chromecast Device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: If the Chromecast device and the Smartphone are on different networks, then you won’t be able to cast the HBO Max app using Chromecast on a Television.
- Now, pick your Smartphone and launch the HBO Max app.
- Upon launching the app, you will be asked to sign up for a subscription plan. If you have already signed up, then enter the required credentials on the Login page.
- Since you have connected the Chromecast device under the same Wi-Fi network, the HBO Max app will recognize the available Chromecast device. You will be asked to screencast using the available Chromecast. Click the Cast icon given in the upper right corner.
- As soon as you click on the Cast icon, the screen will display you the available Chromecast connection’s name. Just click on the name of the Chromecast device displayed on your screen.
You’re done! You could see the HBO Max on your Television set. You can now stream anything using the HBO Max app on your Television. Just explore the available categories on the app, select the item and then click the Cast icon to start streaming.
This is how you can Chromecast HBO Max on TV. The process is simple, all you have to do is an active HBO Max subscription and a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Now, if you want to Chromecast HBO Max using a PC, then you have to follow these steps. Just like the above method, streaming the HBO Max app on a PC using Chromecast is very simple. Let’s get on to the steps now!
Method 2: Chromecast HBO Max using a PC
Did you know you can cast anything on a desktop or laptop using Chromecast? Google Chromecast comes with built-in support for the Google Chrome browser. You can easily cast things using the Chrome browser from your PC or Laptop. Let’s see how you can Chromecast HBO Max on a PC!
- Open Google Chrome Browser on a respective PC system. Make sure that the Chrome Browser is up-to-date, if not, go ahead and update the browser now.
Note: Your PC or Laptop must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device to cast a screen.
- Now, click the Address bar and enter the URL of the HBO Max app. Or you can search for it on Google.
- You will be asked to enter the login credentials to open the content library of the app. Make sure to add the correct login credentials to the Sign In page.
- Now, go to the address bar and click the three-lined button given in the upper right corner.
- From the main Settings menu, select the Cast option.
- The Cast menu will show you the name of the available Chromecast device. Just select the name of this device and the connection will be established.
- To stop casting, follow the same process and select the stop casting option to stop casting from the Chromecast.
That’s how you can stream HBO Max on a TV using Chromecast. The above methods allow you to Chromecast HBO Max on TV from your Smartphone i.e. Android or iOS devices and PC systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. HBO Max is an American-only on-demand streaming service. It is available to limited regions only. You can check out the list of the available regions on their official website.
HBO Max streaming service supports up to three devices. You can stream the content available on HBO Max to three devices not more than that.
Not necessary! Once you select the movie or TV show from the app and the streaming on a TV begin, you can keep it running in the background and can use other apps on your mobile device.
Yes, you can! You can access HBO Max using a reliable VPN service on a PC or a smartphone.
Chromecast HBO Max on a Smartphone and PC is quite easy once you learn the process. Chromecast is a universal device and now supports almost all the major streaming services including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and many others more. Try Chromecasting HBO Max using the above-given methods and share your experience in the comments section given below this post.
How to Use Kodi on Chromecast
How to Fix Chromecast Keeps Disconnecting
How to Fix Chromecast No Sound
How to Turn Off Chromecast
How to Reset Chromecast
How to Fix Chromecast Source Not Supported
How to Fix Disney+ is Not Available on Chromecast