Hello Everyone, I am Nick and in this guide, you will learn how to cast to FireStick. The methods provided in this guide can be used to cast to Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd generation, Fire TV Stick 4K, and other Fire TV devices available on the market. I have covered the casting to firestick steps for various Android devices, iOS devices, PC and Mac. You will also find steps to cast YouTube to FireStick later in this guide.
Fire TV mirroring is a lesser-known yet useful feature that allows you to mirror a Smartphone/ tablet (Android & iOS), PC, Mac screen to your TV screen. You can use this feature for a variety of things including playing movies or TV shows right from your phone, play video games on a big screen and so much more. FireStick Mirroring is fairly easy and in this article, I will walk you through two ways you can cast to fire stick. Let’s dive right into it.
How to Cast to FireStick and Fire TV – A quick list of tools and apps
To cast to FireStick from a mobile or computer, you must first enable the cast function on FireStick. There are two ways you can do that:
- Use the native mirroring feature of FireStick/Fire TV
- Use a casting/mirroring app on FireStick/Fire TV
You will find the instructions for both the methods in this guide.
The native mirroring feature of FireStick works but it is not exactly most reliable. Therefore, it is best to have another option. You can download the AirScreen mirroring app from the Amazon Store.
In my experience, AirScreen is the most reliable mirroring application. It is quick to install and incredibly easy to use. You just need to install it on FireStick. There is no need to install it on your mobile or computer from which you are casting. We get into the detailed steps of the download process just in a bit.
How to cast to FireStick & Fire TV using the native mirroring feature
Like I mentioned before, FireStick offers a built-in mirroring tool; however, it is not the most reliable. This is why I prefer AirScreen. Nevertheless, if you do not want to install an additional app on your device, here is how you can turn on the mirror function:
1. Press and hold the Home button on your FireStick remote until you see a shortcut menu on the screen.
2. Click on Mirroring
Once mirroring is activated, your FireStick goes into the receptive mode and is ready to mirror other devices
Note: Make sure your Android and Fire TV devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Alternatively, you can access the mirroring feature from Settings. Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to Settings
2. Navigate to Display & Sounds
3. Click Enable Display Mirroring
If you wish to stop casting to FireStick, just press any button on the FireStick remote.
Download AirScreen for FireStick & Fire TV Mirroring
There are several third-party apps that allow you to mirror content from devices but in this article, I will show you how to cast to Fire TV with AirScreen, as it is one of the most popular and reliable mirroring apps and is compatible with several devices. Here’s how you can install AirScreen on your Fire TV:
1. From the Home screen, access the Search Feature
2. Using the on-screen keyboard to type in AirScreen and then select AirScreen from the quick suggestions below.
3. Next, click on the AirScreen app icon
4. Click Download
5. Finally, click Open to launch the app
6. On the first run, click Start Now
7. Then, when you see the home screen of the app, click on the Play Button
8. Click Start
In the next sections, we will discuss how you can cast to Fire Stick using various devices.
Note: If you wish to access the AirScreen app in the future, simply run the app on FireStick and click Play Button > Start.
How do you mirror from Android to fire stick?
Mirroring the content from your Android device is quite easy. Just make sure you have activated the mirroring feature on your Fire TV using either of them previously mentioned methods. Here’s how you cast from phone to FireStick:
1. From your Android device, swipe down and tap on the Cast button on your Android device. Alternatively, you can go to Device’s Settings and then navigate to Cast (Cast feature name may vary from device to device)
2. It will ask you to turn on Bluetooth, click Turn On
3. It will look for any discover-able device connected to the same Wi-Fi network
4. Then select the device name of your FireStick and it will sync with your FireStick
5. Now, choose the media you want to mirror on your Fire TV Stick. You will be able to control the playback options from your phone itself.
How to cast/mirror your iPhone (and other iOS devices) to FireStick & Fire TV
Make sure you have already installed the AirScreen from the Amazon store and started the mirroring process. Here’s how you can mirror your iOS device to your Fire TV easily:
1. On your iOS device, swipe down and tap on Screen Mirroring. Or you can go to your device’s Control Center and then enable the Screen Mirroring feature.
2. Select your FireStick device
3. You will see a Checkmark once the mirroring feature is enabled
That’s all! Now, you will see your device on your TV screen. Now you can choose the media you want to play.
How to cast to FireStick from PC
First of all, make sure that your FireStick and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Now, here’s what you need to do to cast to FireStick from PC:
1. On your Windows 10 PC, navigate to the right corner of the Task Bar and then click on the icon that looks like a text message icon
2. Click Connect
3. You should see your FireStick device name listed, click on it and it will connect automatically. Now, your PC screen will be mirrored on your Fire TV device.
How to cast to FireStick / Fire TV from Chrome Browser (PC & Mac)
You can cast a specific Chrome tab to FireStick without having to cast the entire device display. Here’s how you do it:
1. Simply open any web page on Google Chrome and then navigate to the top right corner of the screen. Click on the Three Dots
2. And then click on Cast…
3. Now select your Fire TV device and you should see your Chrome Browser tab mirrored on your Fire TV.
How to cast YouTube to FireStick
Although YouTube is available on the official Amazon app store, you may simply want to cast YouTube videos from your phone itself. Before getting started, make sure that the FireStick and your phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Or else, the devices won’t recognize each other. Once that is taken care of, here’s what you need to do:
1. From Amazon FireStick home screen, access the Search Feature
2. Enter the word Silk Browser using the on-screen keypad and then select Silk browser from the quick suggestions below
3. Click on the Silk browser app icon. Here’s how it looks like:
4. Click Download
5. Click Open
6. After that, launch the YouTube app on your phone
7. Play the media of your choice
8. Then tap on this Cast icon
9. Select your Fire TV device, that’s all you should now see your YouTube screen on your FireStick.
Now, if you want to disconnect, you can click on the Cast Icon again and then click on Disconnect.
So, there you go! These are all the ways you can cast to FireStick from Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and more. This may seem tricky at first but if you follow the steps carefully, you will be able to mirror content from various devices easily.
Let us know if you face any difficulty with any step we would be happy to help.