Hi Everyone, I am Nick and in this tutorial, I will walk you through the steps to install Aptoide on FireStick (a Google Play Store alternative for FireStick).
The installation steps that you will find in this guide can also be used to install the app on all other Fire TV devices, Smartphones, TiVo Stream 4K, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Boxes, Mi Boxes, and many more. I have also shared the steps to install Aptoide on Android TV Box later in this guide.
Aptoide TV is one of the most popular Google Play Store alternatives for FireStick. It allows you to download tons of applications with just a click of a button.
Amazon has its own official Amazon App Store for devices with Fire OS. However, if you want to install apps from Google Play Store or third-party apps, the Aptoide app can come in handy in installing apps that aren’t available on the official Amazon store.
There is no dearth of options in this app – Whether you want to download video players, games, chat apps, or web browsers– Aptoide has it all!
Aptoide TV works great on streaming devices such as Amazon FireStick, Android TV Box, and more.
Best of all, on Aptoide TV, you will find almost all the apps that are available on Google Play Store.
Unlike Aurora Store, Aptoide does not require Mouse Toggle. It works fine with the FireStick Remote.
How to Install Aptoide on FireStick (Quick Steps)
Your IP address 184.108.40.206 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
Here are the quick steps to get Aptoide on FireStick (for detailed steps with images, please scroll down to the next section):
- From the home screen of your FireStick, navigate to Find > Search
- Find the Downloader app and install it
- Go to FireStick Settings from the home screen
- Open My Fire TV
- Click Developer Options
- Click Install Unknown Apps (or Apps from Unknown Sources on some versions)
- Click and enable the Downloader app (turn it ON)
- Open Downloader and click the URL/text field on the home screen
- Type the following URL toptvtricks.com/apt or the Downloader Code 47257
- Wait for the Aptoide APK to download on FireStick
- Click INSTALL
- Wait for the installation to finish
- You have successfully installed Aptoide on FireStick
How to install Aptoide on FireStick (Detailed Steps with Images)
In this section, you will find the detailed steps with screenshots to install Aptoide on FireStick
Part-1: Install and set up the Downloader App
You can easily sideload apps on FireStick & Fire TV with the Downloader app. Therefore, we will first install Downloader.
1. On FireStick main screen, click Find > Search
2. Enter Downloader using the on-screen keypad and then click on Downloader from the suggestions below
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
3. Click the Downloader app icon
4. Click Download or Get
5. When the Downloader app has been installed, DO NOT open it yet (go to the next step)
6. On the FireStick main screen, click on Settings
7. Click on My Fire TV
8. Next, click Developer Options
9. Click Install Unknown Apps
10. Find and click Downloader to enable it (turn it ON)
Part-2: Installation Steps for Aptoide on FireStick
Now, that you have installed and set up the Downloader app, follow these steps to install Aptoide on FireStick
1. Go to your Apps section from the FireStick home screen
2. Open the Downloader app
3. If you are opening Downloader for the first time, click Allow to give the app required permission, and after that, click OK
4. Click on the URL bar with http://
5. Enter the below URL:
toptvtricks.com/apt (or the Downloader Code: 47257)
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
6. Wait until the app is downloaded onto your FireStick device.
7. Click INSTALL
8. Wait until it’s installed
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to use Aptoide TV on FireStick
You are going to sideload apps on FireStick with Aptoide. Therefore, first grant permission to install unknown apps.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to FireStick Settings > My Fire TV
2. Click Developer Options
3. Click Install Unknown Apps
4. Enable Aptoide by turning it ON
5. Now, go to your Apps from the FireStick home screen
6. From the installed apps list, choose the Aptoide app using your remote and then click to launch it
7. On the first launch, you may see this below screen, click OK to continue
8. And then click Allow to give the Aptoide App necessary permissions
9. Here’s what the Aptoide home-screen looks like:
10. Now that you have Aptoide on FireStick, you can easily download other apps that are not available on the official Amazon store.
Use the Search feature (magnifying glass icon) on the left menu panel to look for any app that you might want to download.
If you are using the Search feature for the first time, you will be asked to allow the app to record audio so that you can use Voice search feature.
11. Then, when the on-screen keypad appears, you can look for any specific app that you are looking for.
You can also browse through the categories to find apps that might interest you. For that, navigate to the Categories section from the Home screen. The app features an impressive variety of categories that are loaded with countless apps. Some popular categories that include:
- House & Home
- Art & Design
- Video Players & Editors
- Music & Audio
- Health & Fitness
Aptoide also includes a Games section that has a wide range of apps to choose from.
Key Features of Aptoide on FireStick
- The app features 750,000+ apps from a wide range of categories
- Contains many apps that are not available on the Amazon App Store or even Google Play
- Easy-to-use interface that helps you navigate the app with ease
- You can use this app on a variety of devices such as FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, and more
How to install the Aptoide on Android TV Box
Follow the below steps to install the Aptoide App on Android TV Box:
- On the main screen of the Android TV Box, select Apps
- Select Get More Apps
- Go to the Search icon
- Type in Downloader
- Click on the Downloader app
- Click Install
- Click Settings from the Main screen
- Select Security & restrictions
- Enable Unknown Sources for the Downloader app by clicking the toggle switch next to the Unknown Sources tab
- Once more, go to Apps
- Click on the field with http://
- Type in the following URL: toptvtricks.com/apt
And click Go
- Click INSTALL
- Once installed, click on OPEN to run the Aptoide app
FAQs for Aptoide TV on FireStick (Google Play Store Alternative)
Yes, you can easily install Aptoide on FireStick by following the instructions provided in this guide.
Aptoide is a third-party app store that lets you download some exciting apps which are not available on the Amazon Store.
Yes, Aptoide TV is a legal alternative to Google Play Store as long as you are not using it download copyrighted content.
Yes, after running Aptoide TV APK through antivirus scanners, we found that it is safe.
Aptoide TV is an incredible third-party app store that contains thousands of app. With Aptoide TV on FireStick, you will have access to an endless number of third-party Apps that you will not find on the official Amazon Store.
If you have any trouble installing or using the app, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.
Best Live TV Apps for FireStick
How to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield
FireStick information on Wikipedia