Hi Everyone, I am Nick and in this tutorial, I will walk you through the steps to install Aptoide on FireStick (a Google Play Store alternative for FireStick).
The installation steps that you will find in this guide can also be used to install the app on all other Fire TV devices, Smartphones, TiVo Stream 4K, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Boxes, Mi Boxes, and many more. I have also shared the steps to install Aptoide on Android TV Box later in this guide.
Aptoide TV is one of the most popular Google Play Store alternatives for FireStick. It allows you to download tons of applications with just a click of a button. Amazon has its own official Amazon App Store for devices with Fire OS. However, if you want to install apps from Google Play Store or third-party apps, the Aptoide app can come handy in installing apps that aren’t available on the official Amazon store.
There is no dearth of options in this app – Whether you want to download video players, games, chat apps, or web browsers– Aptoide has it all!
Aptoide TV works great on streaming devices such as Amazon FireStick, Android TV Box, and more. Best of all, on Aptoide TV, you will find almost all the apps that are available on Google Play Store.
Your IP address 188.8.131.52 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
How to install Aptoide on FireStick (instead of Google Play Store)
Installing Aptoide on FireStick is easy and just takes a couple of minutes. Simply follow these steps provided below to install Aptoide on FireStick/ Fire TV devices:
Part-1: Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources
Aptoide is not available on the Amazon store and is a third-party app; hence we need to allow Unknown Sources first. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. On FireStick main screen, click on Settings
2. Click on My Fire TV
3. Next, click Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. You will see a pop-up message on the FireStick screen, click on Turn On to continue
Part-2: Installation Steps for Aptoide
Now that we have prepared our Fire TV for installing apps from third-party, let’s get on with the core installation process. We are going to use the Downloader app to side-load the Aptoide App on FireStick. Here’s what you need to do:
1. On FireStick main screen, click the Search icon
2. Enter Downloader using the on-screen keypad and then click on Downloader from the suggestions below
3. Click the Downloader app icon
4. Click Download, Aptoide will automatically get installed onto your FireStick device
5. Once installed, click Open
6. First, click Allow to give the app required permission, and after that, click OK
7. Click on the URL bar with http://
8. Enter the below URL without any errors:
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
9. Wait until the app is downloaded onto your FireStick device.
10. Click INSTALL
11. Wait until it’s installed
12. Lastly, click OPEN and start using it.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to use Aptoide TV on FireStick
If you don’t know how to access any installed app on FireStick, it’s simple. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Long press on Amazon FireStick remote’s Home button. Soon, a shortcut menu will come up on your FireStick screen
2. Click Apps.
3. From the installed apps list, choose the Aptoide app using your remote and then click to launch it
On launch, you may see this below screen, click OK to continue
And then click Allow to give the Aptoide App necessary permissions
Here’s what the Aptoide home-screen looks like:
Now that you have Aptoide on FireStick, you can easily download other apps that are not available on the official Amazon store.
Use the Search feature (magnifying glass icon) on the left menu panel to look for any app that you might want to download.
If you are using the Search feature for the first time, you will be asked to allow the app to record audio so that you can use Voice search feature.
Then, when the on-screen keypad appears, you can look for any specific app that you are looking for.
You can also browse through the categories to find apps that might interest you. For that, navigate to the Categories section from the Home screen. The app features an impressive variety of categories that are loaded with countless apps. Some popular categories that include:
- House & Home
- Art & Design
- Video Players & Editors
- Music & Audio
- Health & Fitness
Aptoide also includes a Games section that has a wide range of apps to choose from.
Key Features of Aptoide on FireStick
- The app features 750,000+ apps from a wide range of categories
- Contains many apps that are not available on the Amazon App Store or even Google Play
- Easy-to-use interface that helps you navigate the app with ease
- You can use this app on a variety of devices such as FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, and more
How to install the Aptoide on Android TV Box
Follow the below steps to install the Aptoide App on Android TV Box:
- On the main screen of the Android TV Box, select Apps
- Select Get More Apps
- Go to the Search icon
- Type in Downloader
- Click on the Downloader app
- Click Install
- Click Settings from the Main screen
- Select Security & restrictions
- Enable Unknown Sources for the Downloader app by clicking the toggle switch next to the Unknown Sources tab
- Once more, go to Apps
- Click on the field with http://
- Type in the following URL: toptvtricks.com/apt
And click Go
- Click INSTALL
- Once installed, click on OPEN to run the Aptoide app
Aptoide TV is an incredible third-party app store that contains thousands of app. With Aptoide TV on FireStick, you will have access to an endless number of third-party Apps that you will not find on the official Amazon Store.
If you have any trouble installing or using the app, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below.