Hi there! It’s Poppy. I will show you how to install Aurora Store on Firestick. The steps provided in this guide work on all Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K Max, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
What is Aurora Store?
Aurora is an app store that lets you easily install 3rd party apps on your FireStick. It has a very similar User Interface and features as the Aptoide Store.
The Aurora Store has tons of apps that you won’t find on the Amazon Store. In a way, you can say that it is an alternative to Amazon Store as well as Google Play Store.
Aurora Store is gaining a lot of popularity because of the following:
- Broad app collection: Aurora Store has a vast library of apps, including the most popular streaming APKs. It has most of the apps that the Google Play Store provides.
- Unique apps: Some apps that are available on the Aurora Store are not present on other stores like Google Play Store or Amazon App Store.
- Compatible with Android Device: Aurora store runs on Android or Android-based devices. This includes FireStick, Android TV Boxes, NVIDIA shields, Fire TV etc.
- Quick and Easy Installation: You don’t need to root your device to install Aurora Store.
Is it Safe & Legal?
Aurora Store has been around for some time now. I have personally used this app. I find it to be a very useful addition to my FireStick. But since it needs to be sideloaded and is not officially supported, I ran it through an Anti-Virus scan. No malware was reported in the scan, and the app has not troubled me since it was installed.
Following is the copy of the scan result:
Aurora Store lets you download several third-party apps. While Aurora Store itself may not be any trouble, you can’t be sure about the apps you get from it.
I recommend using ExpressVPN to avoid any trouble.
Known Technical issues with Aurora Store for FireStick
The Aurora Store might not respond well to the FireStick remote controller. So, while you are inside the store and need to navigate through it, you will need the Mouse Toggle application for navigation.
Quick Steps to Install Aurora Store on FireStick (Without Images)
Your IP address 126.96.36.199 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
Here are the quick steps to install Aurora Store on FireStick. For detailed steps with screenshots, please visit the next section.
- On your FireStick’s home screen, select Find->Search.
- Search for Downloader and click on the result.
- On the download screen, select Download/Get.
- Open the downloader app.
- Press Home to navigate to the home screen again.
- Go to Settings->My Fire TV->Developers Options (enable Developer Options if you don’t see it).
- Go to Install Unknown apps (might appear as Apps from Unknown Sources for some devices).
- Select Downloader and turn it ON.
- Launch Downloader.
- Grant necessary permissions to Downloader by choosing Allow.
- In the URL box, type: toptvtricks.com/aurora
- Press Go
- A webpage will load. Find and click the latest version of the file
- Wait for the download to finish
- Click INSTALL
- Wait for the Aurora Store app to install
- Click on Done or Open.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Aurora Store on your FireStick.
How to Install Aurora Store on FireStick (Detailed Steps with Images)
Aurora Store needs to be sideloaded onto your Firestick using an app like Downloader. The entire installation is a three-step process in which you must first install Downloader. Once that is done, you can use Downloader’s browser to fetch the APK for Aurora Store and install it. It is also necessary to enable the installation of unknown Apps on your FireStick. The exact steps needed to achieve the above are listed below in detail:
Part-1: Installing Downloader
The first step would be to get Downloader onto your FireStick. If you already have it installed, you can proceed to the next step.
1. Select Find from the home screen of your FireStick.
2. In the search box, start typing Downloader. You should get it as an auto-suggestion. You can also perform a voice search. Press and hold the mic button for that.
3. Select the appropriate result to go to the download screen.
4. At this point, you can get either Download or Get. Select whichever option you get to start the download.
5. Wait for the download and installation to complete. Now you open it using the Open option.
Part-2: Enabling Install Unknown Apps
It is required to enable downloading of unofficial apps on the FireStick to continue installing Aurora Store. To achieve this, simply follow the steps given below:
1. Press Home on the remote controller to navigate to the home screen.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Navigate to the option My Fire TV.
4. Open Developer Options.
📌 Developer Options not visible? Click About and then click your Fire TV Stick 7 times to get it back. Or, read our step-by-step guide with images on how to get Developer Options back.
5. In the sub-menu Developer Options, look for Install unknown apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
6. Look for Downloader and turn it ON.
Part-3: Installing Aurora Store
Once you have enabled the installation of external apps on your FireStick, it is ready to be sideloaded with Aurora Store. To do the same, follow the steps given below:
1. Start by launching Downloader.
2. If you get a prompt asking permission to access your device’s media and files, grant it by selecting Allow. This option normally appears for first-time users.
3. The next screen should be a Quick Start Guide for first-time users. Select OK.
4. On the main screen of the Downloader app look for the URL box.
5. Type the following URL for fetching the Aurora Store APK: toptvtricks.com/aurora
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
Note: Aurora Store APK is not hosted on the TopTVTricks server. This URL redirects you to the official source of the app.
6. You are now redirected to the official website of the Aurora Store.
When the page loads, find and click the latest version of the APK file
7. The download will start now.
8. Tap INSTALL on the next screen.
9. Wait for the installation to get over.
10. Once the installation is complete, you will get to see the below screen. You should now get a Done and an Open option
Click on Done if you want to delete the downloaded APK (which is no longer required) and save some memory. Selecting Open, on the other hand, launches the Aurora Store.
11. Click on Delete in the prompt
12. To confirm, click Delete again to remove the APK.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to Use Aurora Store on FireStick
If you have successfully installed Aurora Store, then perform the following steps to get started with the app:
1. Press and hold the Home button on your FireStick Remote. Then, from the below options, go to Apps
2. You should be able to locate Aurora Store here. Launch it to begin.
3. Accept the Terms of Service prompt by ticking off the left-hand side box and tap on Accept.
4. Tap on Session installer and then tap Next.
5. Tap on System on the Theme page and click Next.
6. Select Accent and tap Next
7. On the Select a suitable installer page, check that all the options are Granted and tap Finish.
8. On the next screen, you will be given the option to log in with your Google account or stay anonymous. It is important to click on Anonymous. Clicking on Google Account could get your account blacklisted.
9. You will now be on the home screen of the Aurora Store. You can begin using it.
FAQs for Aurora Store on FireStick
Yes. Aurora Store can be easily sideloaded on the FireStick with the help of a sideloading app like Downloader.
The Aurora Store APK did not register any warning signs with anti-virus scans. However, some apps within the Aurora Store may not be trusted or legal. Please ensure that the app you download is legal and safe.
No Aurora Store does not require your FireStick to be rooted.
Aurora Store contains almost every app that is provided by Google Play Store. It also contains some apps exclusive to the Aurora Store. Some apps might require a Google login but you might end up blacklisting your account if you do so.
Aurora Store is great for installing 3rd party apps on FireStick. It has a broad category of apps and can be used for all different kinds of Android devices. Aurora Store has become popular as the apps inside this store are really easy to download and install. Many streaming apps for TV shows and movies are available. Since it does not require rooting, it is certainly worth a shot!