Hi, this is Nick. In this tutorial, I will show you how to enable Developer Options on FireStick. You can use the instructions in this guide to get Developer Options back on FireStick Lite, FireStick 4K & 4K Max, Fire TV Cube, and other Fire OS devices.
We don’t know why they took this step. However, most other Android or Android-based devices keep the Developer Options hidden by default. You must enable it from the device Settings if you want to use features like USB Debugging.
Thankfully, Amazon has also provided a way to get Developer Options back on FireStick even if it is not visible. You can start sideloading third-party apps again once this option is reinstated.
The following steps will show you how to enable Developer Options on FireStick.
How to Enable Developer Options on FireStick
Your IP address 184.108.40.206 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend getting a VPN right now to make your streaming experience safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and, at the same time, the fastest VPN you will get. Installing and setting up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More is super easy.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
Here is the step-by-step process with images to bring back Developer Options.
1. Select Settings on the home screen of FireStick.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. This is the screen where the Developer Options appears. However, it is hidden presently. We will restore it. Click About.
4. You can see your device name/version on the next screen. For instance, I am using Fire TV Stick 4K. If you are using Fire TV Stick 4K Max or Fire TV Stick Lite, that’s what you will see instead.
Click your Fire TV Stick 7 times quickly.
5. Keep clicking until you see the message at the bottom, No need, you are already a developer.
6. Press the back button once or navigate to FireStick Settings > My Fire TV. You should be able to see the Developer Options now.
That’s how it is done.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
As we followed in this guide, you can easily enable Developer Options on FireStick. Once you do that, you will have access to ADB Debugging and Unknown Sources options. You can resume sideloading now.