This tutorial will show you how to install Wuffy Player on FireStick and Android TV Boxes. This guide will work equally well with Fire TV, Fire Cube, Mi Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Android Smart TV, etc.
What is Wuffy Player? Wuffy Player is one of the most popular video players available. It is a versatile multimedia player that allows you to play media in any format. This media player is usually used with the third-party FireStick apps as their default player. You may hardly need to use it separately. It is rather a supporting app.
However, aside from using the app to play live streaming videos, if you like, you can also use the Wuffy Player Firestick app to play local media files on your device.
Wuffy Player offers easy screen controls, allowing you to adjust the brightness and volume of any video so you can enjoy them in the best way possible. It’s a must-have app to enjoy a flawless streaming experience as it is compatible with most streaming apps.
Your IP address 22.214.171.124 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
How to install Wuffy Player on FireStick
Below is a tutorial for installing the Wuffy Player app on your Firestick. We are going to use the Downloader app for this installation process. If you already have the Downloader app installed on your device, you can go straight to the URL you need to enter in the Downloader app. I have divided the tutorial into two sections so that it’s easy to follow.
Step-1: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
FireStick has some safety measures in place in order to prevent malware from affecting its system. So, we will have to enable the feature that lets us install third-party apps on the device.
Here’s how you do it:
1. From the Home screen, go to Settings located at the top menu panel
2. Under Settings, look for My Fire TV option and click on it
3. Next, go to Developer Option
4. Click once to enable the Apps from Unknown Sources feature.
5. A pop-up warning will show up. Confirm it by clicking on Turn On.
Step-2: Wuffy player firestick app installation
Now that we have enabled Unknown Sources, let’s get to the actual installation steps now:
1. Go back to the FireStick Home Screen and this time select the Search Icon (magnifying glass) located at the top menu panel
2. Type Downloader. You will see Downloader underneath the search results, click on it
3. On the next window, click on the Downloader app
4. Click on the Download button
5. The app will automatically download and install on your device. Once done, choose Open
6. Click Allow when the app seeks permission to access the media on your device
7. Choose OK to close the Quick Start Guide
8. Now, click on the URL tab using the OK/Select key on your FireStick remote
9. Type the following URL to download Wuffy Player on Amazon FireStick: https://www.toptvtricks.com/wuffy
Alternatively, you can use the shorter URL toptvtricks.com/wuffy
Tip! Use the Amazon FireStick Remote App to type from your mobile. It will be easier
Once you have checked the URL is correct, click GO
10. Wuffy Player will now start to download.
11. Next, click on Install
12. Give it some time until the app is installed on your device
13. You will see a notification when the Wuffy Player is installed on FireStick
You can open the app by clicking on Open.
However, there is no need to open it now. Wuffy Player is mostly used with other FireStick apps as their default player.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
Key Features of the Wuffy Player FireStick App
- Features easy-to-use user interface
- It supports MP3, MKV, FLV, RM, DivX, WMV, TS, MOV, AAC, AC3, and several other media formats
- Works with both live streaming and local media
- Internal HW decoder aids Hardware acceleration
- Supports subtitles
- The app has an Automatic screen rotation feature
- Easy screen controls for brightness, volume, etc.
How to install Wuffy Player APK on Android TV Box
Below is the guide to install Wuffy Player APK on Android TV Box:
1. Click Apps (9 squares) from the Home-screen of your Android TV Box
2. Next, click on Get More Apps
3. After that, click on the Search icon
4. An on-screen keyboard will appear, use that to type ‘Downloader’ and do a search
5. Choose the Downloader app from the search results
6. Select Install
7. Wait until the Wuffy Player app is installed on your device
8. Go back to the Home screen
9. Click on Settings
10. Next, select Security & restrictions
11. Navigate to Unknown Sources and allow Unknown Sources for the Downloader app
12. Go back to the Home Screen again and then open Apps
13. Launch the Downloader app from the apps list
14. Choose Allow to give permission to the app to access your device
15. Click Ok to close the Quick Start Guide window
16. Type in the below URL in URL bar
And click Go
17. Click Install and wait for the app to install on your device
18. If you wish to launch the Wuffy Player now, click on Open. Or you can just choose it as the default media player with your favorite streaming app later.
Installing Wuffy Player on FireStick will allow you to get the most out of your device. It has been my default video player app for quite some time now and it works wonderfully with most popular streaming apps available today. Do give it a try and in case you run into an issue while installing or using the Wuffy Player, let us know in the comment section below. We will do our best to solve your problem.