This article outlines detailed directions that you can follow to install Sofa TV APK on FireStick and also Android TV Boxes. You can follow these steps on other Android operated devices such as Mi Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, and many more.
Sofa TV is a video streaming app that features a wide collection of movies. Even though the app does not have TV shows, the movie collection is pretty good and can keep you entertained for hours.
The app has a minimalistic interface and the content is regularly updated.
Also Read: Top Apps for FireStick in 2020
Your IP address 184.108.40.206 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan to get 3 extra months and a saving of 49%
How to install Sofa TV on FireStick
Follow the steps below to installs Sofa TV APK on your FireStick.
Part-1: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
Since Sofa TV is not available on the official Amazon store, we need to make some changes within Settings of your Fire TV to install it. Here are the steps:
1. Hover over Settings from the top menu bar of your FireStick home screen
2. Click on the My Fire TV option
3. Next, click Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on.
5. You will see a warning message on the screen, ignore it and click Turn On
Part-2: Sofa TV APK Installation Steps
We will use the Downloader app to install Sofa TV on FireStick. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Highlight the Search icon (magnifying glass) from your FireStick home screen
2. Type Downloader and then select Downloader from the quick suggestions below the on-screen keypad
3. From the search results, click the Downloader app icon
4. On the next screen, click Download
5. Click Open to run Downloader
6. Next, the app will ask you for required permission to access your photos, files, and media, click Allow and after that click Ok when prompted with the Quick Start Guide
7. Click on the tab on the right side that reads http://
8. Enter the below URL correctly:
💡 Use the FireStick Remote App for mobiles to type faster and easier
9. The Sofa TV app will start to download on your FireStick
10. Next, click INSTALL
11. Wait until the app installed notification window appears
12. Finally, click OPEN to launch Sofa TV App
How to use Sofa TV APK on FireStick
Let’s first learn how you can access the Sofa TV App on your FireStick. Follow the below steps:
1. Hold the FireStick remote Home button and soon you will see a shortcut menu on the screen
2. Click Apps
3. Next, scroll down and then click on Sofa TV App to launch it
When you launch Sofa TV for the first time, you will be asked to give the app the necessary permissions to access your device. Click Allow
Here is how the Sofa TV home-screen looks like:
It has a very easy to use interface. As you can see, it has two categories on the Home Screen:
You can choose your preferred category and then you will be presented with the movies within that category.
The categories within Bollywood and Hollywood include Latest, Top Rated, Popular, Upcoming Movies, and more. You can browse those categories and find the titles that you would like to watch.
Honestly, there’s not much to the app. It does not have the Settings feature. Features like Real-Debrid, Subtitles, and External Video Players that you would expect in a decent streaming app are not available so far in the Sofa TV app. Hoping that the developers will fix those issues soon.
Key Features of the Sofa TV App
- Decent collection of movies
- Easy to use interface
How to install the Sofa TV app on Android TV Box
Follow the steps below to install Sofa TV on Android TV Box:
- Go to the home page of the Android TV Box and then click Apps
- Open Get More Apps
- Hover over the Search icon
- Write Downloader
- Click Downloader from the search results
- Click Install
- Visit Home screen again
- Click on Settings
- Click on Security & restrictions
- Click the toggle near Unknown Sources to allow Unknown Sources for the Downloader app
- Go to Apps again from the home screen
- Find the Downloader app and click Open
- Click where it reads http://
- Enter the URL provided below correctly:
- Click INSTALL
- lastly, click OPEN to run the app
Sofa TV FireStick FAQs
Sofa TV is a video streaming app that features movies from various categories like Latest, Popular, Top rated, etc.
It is legal as long as you watch copyright-free content. It is recommended that you avoid streaming content from restricted domains and watch videos only available on the public domain.
Yes, Sofa TV APK can be installed on Mi Box, Android TV Box, Nvidia Shield, Android Smart TV, and more.
No, the app doesn’t offer the download option.
If you are looking for a simple streaming app that is easy to use, then you should give Sofa TV Firestick App a try. Even though the app has a long way to go as compared to other streaming apps on the market, the movie collection in this app is pretty decent.