Hi Everyone, I am Poppy! In this tutorial, I will take you through the detailed instructions to install Strix on FireStick and Android TV box. These instructions can be used on all Fire TVs, Android TVs, NVIDIA Shields, Smartphones among others.
Strix is a brand-new streaming app for live TV, movies, tv shows, and more. It brings us access to several Live TV channels from different countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, France, Spain, and more. There are also various categories like sports, kids, religion in the live tv section. It has separate sections dedicated to movies and TV shows as well. Apart from that Strix also has an Adult section for the users, which can be password protected.
Note: You can now also install Strix via Applinked with the Store Code 144
Strix provides good quality streaming links on its own. However, the real-debrid integration feature within Strix will truly change your overall streaming experience with much higher quality links.
Strix looks like a promising app, therefore I am also adding it to our Best FireStick apps for 2021. Since this app offers a decent lineup of live TV channels, it is also part of our List of Best Live TV Apps and APKs for FireStick.
How to install Strix on FireStick
Your IP address [show_ip] is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
I have divided the installation process into three parts. Please follow them thoroughly and you will have Strix installed on your device in just a few minutes.
Part-1: Installing the Downloader app
Strix is a third-party app, therefore the only way to install it on FireStick is by side-loading it. We recommend using the Downloader app for side-loading purposes. Please follow the steps below to install the Downloader app:
1. Power on your FireStick. When your FireStick home screen loads, go to Search
2. Enter the term Downloader with the help of the on-screen keyboard. Then, underneath the on-screen keyboard, select Downloader
3. From the search results, select the Downloader app icon
4. Click Get/ Download.
5. Wait for Downloader to install
6. When you see the Open button, the Downloader is installed on your device. For now, leave it here. Do not click Open yet.
Part-2: Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources for Downloader
Third-party apps – such as Strix – need the Unknown Apps feature to be enabled within settings. Here are the steps to enable it:
1. Return to the FireStick main screen. Navigate to Settings on the top menu bar.
2. Scroll to the right and click My Fire TV
3. Next, click Developer Options
4. Select the option Install Unknown Apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
5. Switch ON the Downloader app
Part-3: Steps to Install Strix on FireStick
Now we are ready to install Strix on FIreStick. Here are the steps:
1. Long press your FireStick Remote’s Home button
2. Click Apps
3. From the installed apps, launch the Downloader app
4. When launched for the first time, the Downloader app requests for necessary permission to access your device. Click Allow
5. Next, you will see the Quick Start Guide, click OK
6. When the downloader app’s home screen loads, click on the address bar
7. DO NOT enter
Instead, enter the URL
The official website of Strix is currently unavailable for download
Note: You can now also install Strix via Applinked with the Store Code 144
8. SKIP TO STEP 9
It will redirect you to the Strix website. Click Download APK Now
9. Strix APK will now begin to download on your FireStick
10. Once downloaded, click INSTALL
11. Wait for the installation process to finish
12. When you see the App Installed notification, click OPEN
If you want to know how to use the Strix app, I have covered it in the next section.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to use Strix on FireStick
Accessing Strix on FireStick is fairly easy, here are the steps:
1. Press and hold the Home button on the FireStick remote until you see a shortcut menu pop up
2. From that menu, click Apps
3. Now navigate to the Strix app icon, and click once to launch it.
On your first launch, Strix will ask you to set a PIN for the adult content. Set a 4-digit PIN of your choice and then click Submit. You will need this PIN to access the Adult section in the app.
Next, you will see a Disclaimer, click Okay to continue
Here’s the Main Screen of STRIX on FireStick:
The app interface is slightly different than other streaming apps. As you can see, the main menu bar is at the bottom. However, you will get used to it in a few minutes.
It offers the below categories:
- Live TV
- TV shows
Now, if you select Live TV, you will find several categories on the left side. You may choose any category of your choice and then the channels within that category will appear on the right section. Click on any channel to start playing.
Similarly, you can access the Movies and TV shows category.
The movies and TV shows sections also have a Search feature for your convenience.
The Settings section has quite a few options for you to play around with. You can change Default Player from the below options.
You can also set up Real-debrid within Strix from here. The detailed steps are covered in the next section.
How to set up Real Debrid with Strix FireStick app
Signing in to real-debrid will allow you access to more HD links with almost zero buffering issues. Setting up Real Debrid within Strix is easy, here are the quick steps:
(Note: we have a detailed guide explaining Real-debrid and how to use it, so for more detailed instructions, you may visit the guide: Setup Real Debrid on FireStick Apps)
1. First of all, get yourself a premium Real Debrid account by Signing Up HERE!
2. Next, from the home screen of the Strix app, select Settings
3. Click on Real Debrid – Login
4. The next screen will display a code.
5. Now, on another device visit https://real-debrid.com/device
6. Enter the code here and click Continue
7. Once Real-Debrid is authorized, you will see this Application allowed notification.
8. To access premium links, click on any movie or TV episode and enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
Key Features of Strix
· Easy to use interface
· Live TV Channels from various countries and genres
· Wide selection of movies and TV shows
· Allows Real-Debrid integration
· Supports external Video player
· Offers Adult content as well
How to install the Strix on Android TV Box
Let’s get into the steps to install the Strix App on Android TV Box:
- On the Android Box main screen, click Apps
- Choose Get More Apps
- Select Search and enter the term Downloader
- Choose Downloader
- Click Install
- Go to the home screen again and click Settings
- Select Security & restrictions
- Click the toggle switch to allow Unknown Sources for Downloader
- Go to Apps and run the downloader app
- Click the URL bar with http://
- Enter the below URL:
- You will be redirected to the Strix app website. Click Download APK Now
- Click INSTALL
- Once installed, choose OPEN and enjoy streaming with the Strix app
FAQs for Strix on FireStick
Strix is an all-in-one streaming app with Live TV, movies, TV shows, and more.
Accessing copyrighted content is illegal in many countries. Therefore, it’s best to avoid streaming pirated content.
Strix can be installed on a myriad of devices including Fire TVs, Android TVs, Mi Boxes, Nvidia Shields, smartphones, and many more.
No, downloading is not supported on Strix.
Strix on FireStick is a great source of entertainment for streamers out there. It has pretty much all kinds of content that you can think of it. Apart from that, it also allows real debrid sign-in, which is a big plus if you love HD quality content. The app is certainly worth a try.
If you face any issues installing or using Strix, please get in touch with us via the comments section below.