Hi there! I am Nick. In this article, I will show you how to install AppLinked on FireStick. The steps I have provided in this guide work on the entire range of Fire TV devices, including FireStick Lite, Fire Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
AppLinked is a file-sharing app that is a great alternative to FileLinked. FlieLinked, also known as DroidAdmin, has been a pretty popular file-sharing app in the Firestick/Android world. Unfortunately, for some time now, FileLinked has been unavailable for download. This has significantly boosted AppLinked’s popularity as it works just like FileLinked.
You might have heard about Strix, Media Lounge, and UK Turks. Well, Inside4ndroid is the developer studio that is the architect behind these wonderful apps. And now, they have made this great file-sharing app. It has some wonderful features like:
- AppLinked Store: The Applinked Store allows you to download apps that range across several different categories like entertainment, sports, live TV, utility, etc.
- Media Sharing: Using AppLinked, you can share both videos and images.
- Quick installation of apps: AppLinked can convert links to multiple APKs into a numeric code. This significantly speeds up the app installation process.
- High Compatibility with Android devices: AppLinked is not only compatible with FireStick but also with many other Android devices like Android TV boxes, Android smartphones, and tablets that run on Android.
Applinked is now added to our list of Best Apps for FireStick.
Is Applinked Safe & Legal?
AppLinked’s unavailability on Amazon App Store may raise some eyebrows. Even I was a bit skeptical at first and, hence, wanted to run a malware check on AppLinked’s APK. It ran clean on my paid version of Kaspersky, and so I have not hesitated to use it. I know a few friends who also use it and no one has reported anything fishy to date.
Quick Steps to Install Applinked on FireStick (Without Images)
Your IP address 188.8.131.52 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend getting a VPN right now to make your streaming experience safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and, at the same time, the fastest VPN you will get. Installing and setting up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More is super easy.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
This section contains quick steps to install Applinked on FireStick. If you are looking for instructions with images, please jump to the next section.
- From the FireStick home screen, go to Find → Search
- Look for the Downloader app and follow the onscreen instructions to install it
- Go to the FireStick home screen again
- Choose Settings (gear icon) on the right, in the middle
- Click My Fire TV
- Click Developer Options
- Click Install Unknown Apps (in some devices it is Apps from Unknown Sources)
- Click Downloader and turn it ON
- Open the Downloader app
- Dismiss any prompts that appear on the first run
- Click the URL box and enter applinked.store
- Click Go
- When the Applinked official website loads, click the Download button
- Wait for the APK download
- Click Install
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Click Done or Open
You have successfully installed Applinked on FireStick!
How to Install AppLinked on FireStick (Detailed Steps with Images)
AppLinked is not a part of the Amazon App Store. Therefore, you can’t download it directly, unlike other officially supported apps. An external downloader app like Downloader is necessary to fetch the APK and install it.
I will divide this tutorial into three parts. The first part will show you how to get Downloader up and running on your Firestick. The second part will show you how to get your FireStick ready for installing apps from unknown sources. In case you already have completed these steps before, then you can skip them. The final part will show you how to download and install AppLinked using Downloader.
Part-1: Installing Downloader
To install the Downloader app on your FireStick, please go through the following steps:
1. Press the Home button on the remote of your Firestick. Click on Find and then select Search.
2. As you begin to type “Downloader” on the search bar, you should get it in your auto-suggestions. Alternatively, you can also perform a voice search if you prefer. You can do this by briefly holding the mic button on the remote.
3. Select the result to navigate to the download page.
4. On the download screen, you will either get a Download or a Get option. Click on the option to download and install the Downloader app.
5. The download screen should now display a progress bar for the download and installation process. You will get an Open option in place of the Download or Get option when the process is complete.
Part-2: Prepping FireStick to Allow Installation of External Apps
Just like other Android devices, Firestick has a feature that needs to be enabled to be able to install apps from unknown sources. You can do the following to achieve this:
- Navigate back to the Home screen by pressing the home button on the remote and tap on the Settings icon.
2. Select My Fire TV
3. In the My Fire TV screen, go for the Developer options.
4. On the next screen, look for the Install unknown apps option and select it.
Note: It’s possible that you may also see the Apps from Unknown Sources option instead. In that case, you should select it instead and then select Turn On. You can skip the subsequent step!
- In the Install Unknown apps menu, select Downloader to allow it to download unknown apps.
Your FireStick will now be able to download any external app via Downloader. Proceed to the next part to finally get AppLinked.
Part-3: Installing AppLinked using Downloader
Go through these final steps to get AppLinked running on your FireStick:
- Launch the Downloader App
2. If you are using Downloader for the first time, it will ask for permission to access the files on your FireStick. Grant permission by selecting Allow.
3. First-time users will be greeted by a Quick Start Guide. Select OK and proceed to the next screen.
4. On this screen, you should see a URL box. Select it to enter the URL of the APK for the AppLinked app.
5. Type the following:
You are downloading the APK from the Applinked Official Website.
6. Click Download when the webpage has loaded
7. The app will start downloading.
8. On the following prompt, choose the option Install to start the installation process.
9. AppLinked app will start installing now.
10. After the installation is complete, you will get two options – Open and If you wish to save some memory on your FireStick, then click on Done to proceed to delete the downloaded APK of the AppLinked app. Otherwise, Click Open to simply launch the app.
9. On clicking Done, you will get a pop-up with a Delete option.
10. Select it and select Delete again in the next prompt to confirm the removal of the APK.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to Use Applinked on FireStick
Once you are done installing AppLinked, follow the instructions below to get started:
1. From the FireStick home screen go to Settings
2. Open My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Install Unknown Apps
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
5. Scroll down and enable AppLinked (should be ON)
6. Hold the Home button on your FireStick remote until you see a popup
7. On the Apps and Games screen, look for AppLinked and open it.
8. On the first use, the app will ask for your permission to access the media and files on the device. Grant permission by selecting Allow and continue.
9. The home screen should now be visible. You can browse through TV shows, movies, and apps. You can also create your own store and link apps to a numerical code for quick sideloading.
Click Add A Store to open an Applinked code or Applinked store.
5. On the popup, enter the desired Applinked code/store number
I am using code 144 for demonstration purposes. Click Submit
6. Now, click Saved Stores
7. Click Select a Store dropdown
8. Choose 144 (or any other AppLinked code you added) and click Open
9. Now, go ahead and click the app you wish to install
I am choosing Media Lounge here
10. Click Download on the popup
11. Wait for the download to finish
12. Click Install
13. That’s how you use AppLinked on FireStick to install your favorite apps
How to Update AppLinked on FireStick
ApplLinked is a third-party app and is not auto-update. However, you can easily update the app manually.
To update AppLinked on FireStick, all you need to do is follow the installation steps provided above again. You will retain all your added stores/codes and app settings.
DO NOT uninstall AppLinked before following the installation steps. If you uninstall, you lose all your data, including added stores and settings.
FAQs for AppLinked on Firestick
AppLinked can be easily installed on FireStick. Follow the installation guide in this article to know how to do it.
AppLinked was found to be free of any malware on Anti-virus scans.
Yes. AppLinked is compatible with most Android devices like smartphones, TV boxes, and tablets.
Yes. You can either download apps one-by-one or link multiple apps to a numeric code and create your own store. This way, the installation of a bunch of apps can be initiated simultaneously using that single code. Hence, it makes sideloading your commonly used apps much faster and more convenient.
AppLinked is an excellent replacement for FileLinked. Its user interface is nearly identical. It makes your life easier by allowing you to share media and install other apps. However, bear in mind that AppLinked is under development and receives constant updates to fix any glitches. Hence, it is important to keep checking for updates from time to time.