This image-based tutorial will show you how to install HDO Box on FireStick (or any other Fire TV device, including Fire TV Stick Lite, FireStick 4K, FireStick 4K Max, Fire TV Cube, and more).
HDO Box – What is it?
HDO Box is a FireStick app for streaming movies and shows. This app features video-on-demand content. You can explore a wide range of videos, including new releases and old ones.
HDO Box is an unverified app. This means it is not listed on the Amazon App Store. Therefore, you must sideload it on your device.
You will find HDO Box among our lineup of best apps for FireStick.
Disclaimer: We DO NOT endorse copyright violations. Only stream the content available in the public domain. This post is for educational purposes only.
Here are some reasons to try HDO Box on FireStick:
- One-click playback (no need to choose a link from a list).
- Up to 1080 resolution streaming.
- Extensive content library.
- Straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- Does not require any external video player.
Is HDO Box Safe & Legal?
When you scan the APK file of the HDO Box app with Virus Total, you will not find anything problematic. The app looks clean, with no security vendor raising a flag.
However, the legality aspect of HDO Box is not as clear. We are talking about an unverified app that fetches content from multiple sources. TopTvTricks cannot verify if the developers obtained the copyright licenses for streaming the titles listed on HDO Box.
Even though I do not encourage breaking any copyright laws, I suggest using ExpressVPN to stay on the safe side. With this VPN, you can avoid any legal trouble.
Steps to Install HDO Box on Firestick
Your IP address 188.8.131.52 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend getting a VPN right now to make your streaming experience safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and, at the same time, the fastest VPN you will get. Installing and setting up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More is super easy.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
We are going to sideload HDO Box from an unofficial source. Sideloading is the process of downloading and installing any app from an unofficial source.
Here is a quick look at what we are going to do:
- Install the Downloader app from Amazon Store (Downloader is a sideloading app).
- Set up Downloader to enable sideloading of HDO Box.
- Use Downloader to sideload HDO Box.
Let’s start the process now.
1. Go to Find and Search from the home screen of your Fire TV Stick.
2. Search for the Downloader app and follow the onscreen instructions to install it on your device.
3. Go to FireStick Settings (far right, menu bar in the middle).
4. Open My Fire TV.
5. Click Developer Options.
📌 Developer Options not visible? Click About and then click your Fire TV Stick 7 times to get it back. Or, read our step-by-step guide with images on how to get Developer Options back.
6. Click Install Unknown Apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
7. Click Downloader to enable it.
8. Go back to the home screen of FireStick and click the icon for Apps & Channels (the icon with 3 tiny squares and 1 plus sign). Or, press the similar button on the remote (if your FireStick has one).
9. Open Downloader from your Apps & Channels.
10. If you are using Downloader for the first time since installation, give permission it asks for and dismiss any subsequent prompts. You should now see this window of the Downloader app. Click the input box/URL box.
11. Type the following toptvtricks.com/hdo
Note: HDO Box is a third-party app from an unverified source. We are not associated with the developers of this app or those who host the source URL. This URL points to the official website of the app.
12. Wait for the HDO APK file to download.
13. Click Install when the file has been downloaded.
14. Wait for HDO APK to install.
15. You should see the App Installed confirmation once the HDO Box app has been installed on FireStick.
You may click Open to run the app right away. However, I am choosing Done to go back to Downloader and delete the APK installer file (it will occupy space for no reason).
16. Click Delete.
17. Click Delete once again.
- Fastest VPN by far
- ExpressVPN lets you choose from more than 3000 servers in over 150 locations
- High-level, military-grade encryption
- Strict zero-logs policy and jurisdiction out of reach of surveillance organizations
- Unblocks geo-restricted content on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and more
- Connect 5 devices at the same time
- Easy to install, set up, and use on FireStick. Also has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- 30-DAY risk-free, money-back guarantee
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. Save 49% on the yearly plan. Get 3 extra months (12 + 3) with the yearly plan.
Step 2: Choose the Search option from your FireStick home screen
Step 3: Search for ExpressVPN and download it on FireStick
Step 4: Sign in with your ExpressVPN account
Step 5: Connect to an ExpressVPN server and stream safely and privately
How to Use HDO Box on FireStick
You want to go to Your Apps & Channels window again to launch the HDO Box app.
Click the Apps button on the FireStick home screen (far right, next to Settings). Or, press the same button on the remote if there is one.
You may also long-press the Home key on the remote and click Apps on this popup.
Click the HDO Box app icon on this list.
You are looking at the HDO Box main interface. The menu bar is on the left, and the titles are on the right. Home is the default screen at launch. The Home screen displays trending TV shows and movies. In addition, it features Popular Networks, Popular Companies, Top Movies Last Week, and Top TV Shows Last Week categories.
To view only the movies or TV shows, click the corresponding option on the left menu. If you have something specific on your mind, use the Search option in the menu.
The Settings menu allows you to choose the default language for subtitles. You may also enable or disable auto-subtitles from Settings.
HDO Box is a straightforward app for watching films and shows. Follow the steps to install HDO Box on FireStick to stream your favorite content. If you have any questions or need any help, scroll down to the comments section below and let us know.