Hi, this is Nick. This tutorial shows you how to install Bplayer on FireStick. The images used in this guide were taken on FireStick 4K. However, the steps also work on FireStick 4K Max, Fire Stick Lite, Fire TV Cube, and any other Fire TV.
What is BPlayer?
BPlayer is a video player for Android and TV OS based on Android. You can compare BPlayer with VLC Media Player. Both are external players that do not host any content of their own.
BPlayer must be used with other apps to play videos. For instance, the popular Nova TV APK only supports BPlayer. You need BPlayer as the video player for this app.
The BPlayer app is available on Google Play Store. However, it is absent from the Amazon Store. Therefore, you must sideload it as a third-party media player.
Titan Player, Wuffy Player, MX Player, and TPlayer are some other examples of third-party, external video players.
Is it Safe & Legal?
You can download BPlayer on Android mobiles from the official Google Play Store. However, you must get it from an unofficial or third-party source on Amazon Store. Therefore, it may raise doubts about the safety and security of the app.
Thankfully, Virus Total cleared the BPlayer APK in the scan result. Here is the snapshot:
Since BPlayer does not provide any content, it seems legal. However, you would still want to exercise caution. This app lets you stream unverified streams from third-party apps like Nova TV. We can’t tell whether those streams are legal.
Always use ExpressVPN with third-party apps to ensure you never have to worry about legal issues.
How to Install BPlayer on FireStick
Your IP address 126.96.36.199 is exposed.
If we can see it, so can they. We are not tracking or logging your IP address, but they can.
You don’t want your Government or ISP monitoring your streaming activities. I strongly recommend that you get yourself a VPN right now to make your streaming experience truly safe.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN all around. It is safe and at the same time the fastest VPN you will get. It is super-easy to install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, and More.
ExpressVPN gives you an unconditional 30-day money-return guarantee. You can request a refund anytime within 30 days.
CLICK HERE to Sign up for ExpressVPN yearly plan | save 49% | 3 Months Extra on the Yearly Plan | 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
BPlayer is listed on Google Play Store. But, it is not available on the Amazon Store. Therefore, we will first set up FireStick to allow third-party app installation.
Set up your FireStick for sideloading
Setting up the FireStick for sideloading requires two actions:
- Install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store.
- Enable Downloader for sideloading from FireStick Settings.
Install Downloader from Amazon Store
Here are the steps to install the Downloader app on your FireStick:
1. Select Find > Search on the home screen of your FireStick
2. Type Downloader. Click Downloader in the search results.
3. Click the Downloader tile on the following window.
4. Click Get or Download.
5. Wait for the Downloader app to install. It takes a minute.
6. DO NOT open Downloader. First, we need to enable the app for sideloading (next section).
Enable Downloader for Sideloading
Follow these steps to allow sideloading through the Downloader app:
1. Go to FireStick Settings from the home screen.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Open Developer Options.
📌 Developer Options not visible? Click About and then click your Fire TV Stick 7 times to get it back. Or, read our step-by-step guide with images on how to get Developer Options back.
4. Choose Install Unknown Apps.
Note: If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, click it instead of Install Unknown Apps. Click Turn On on the prompt that appears. Skip the next step!
5. Select and click Downloader to enable it for sideloading (it must say ON).
Your FireStick is ready to sideload apps.
6. Go to the FireStick home screen. Click the icon with 3 little squares and a + sign to go to your apps.
7. Scroll down and open Downloader you just installed.
8. Since this is the first run of Downloader, click Allow to grant storage permission.
9. Click OK to dismiss this quick-guide prompt.
Steps to Install BPlayer on FireStick
Now that everything is set up, let’s get the BPlayer for FireStick:
1. Open Downloader and click the text box.
2. Type the URL toptvtricks.com/bplayer
⚠ Bplayer is a third-party app from an unverified source. We are not associated with the developers of this app or those who host the source URL. This URL points to the official website of the app.
3. The APK file will now take a minute to download.
4. Click Install when the following window appears.
5. It will take 15-20 seconds for BPlayer to install.
6. You have installed BPlayer on FireStick. Click DONE. There is no point in clicking OPEN. Bplayer works in conjunction with other apps, like Nova TV. It will not show any content.
7. You may now click Delete to remove the APK file. This file is of no use because you have already installed the app.
8. Click Delete one more time.
How to Use Titan Player on FireStick
The Titan Player is supposed to be used with another content-providing app. It will not play any videos on its own. You can set it up when you open Titan Player through another app.
However, running the app once and getting the initial setup process out of the way would be a good idea.
Go to your apps list by clicking the button on the FireStick home screen. You may also press the same button on your FireStick remote if your device has it.
Open BPlayer from the list.
Click Allow Access (appears only the first time after installation).
This is the blank home screen of the Bplayer. It is blank because the app does not host any content.
When you use BPlayer through a supporting app, such as Nova TV, here is what the playback looks like. I played Last Man on Earth (1964). It is a public-domain movie.
So, you learned how to install Bplayer on FireStick. You may now use it with Nova TV or any other app that supports an external player. Please feel free to contact me through the comments section below.
2 thoughts on “How to Install BPlayer on FireStick in Just 2 Minutes”
Hi, Nick. I’m using Film Plus for tv and movies and recently downloaded BPlayer since Film Plus kept requesting to use it. The question I have is: can BPlayer autoplay the next episode in a series? I have gone to the settings menu and selected the player and checked the “autoplay next episode” button, but the player just goes dark after the current episode plays. The default player (ExoPlayer) on Film Plus automatically plays the next episode. Any hope for BPlayer to do the same?
Hi Obie, honestly, BPlayer isn’t the greatest media player. However, some apps (such as Nova TV) won’t work without this player.
You may want to try MX Player with FilmPlus. You can change the default player in the app Settings. MX Player should play the next episode automatically.